Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
here we go again
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got some rust in the engine bay just wondering if anyone else has had this spot rust up and how you fixed it. Thanks

Attachments

·
Watch n learn
876 Posts
Ya, happens all the time, I've seen them with holes big enough to fit a few fingers, lol. Fix is a but of work, it doesn't look too bad, I'd say get a good dripping oil spray, that will stop it in its tracks.

·
here we go again
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i was thinking about cutting it out and welding a plate in its place is that crazy talk?

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
My buddy Adam cut it out and replaced it. While he was in there he sleeved the area for the k-member bolts so that there was no way for it to squish in case it rotted some more or was worse than he expected, or his welding just sucked, haha. That car is gone now, so I can't tell ya how it held up.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
The only way to get rid of rust is either remove it and weld in new metal.
Or sand most of it out and use a metal cleaner/conversion coating like the por15

·
Registered
566 Posts
If it's just surface rust take a drill with a wire wheel and remove all the rust in the area and around the area so that you're down to good metal again, prime and then paint or as suggested above Por 15.

Or cut out the bad rust, clean the area with drill and wire brush the add new metal where needed and do the same to by welding up any small spots if you have a welder.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts