Modded Mustang Forums banner

Engine Bay

2K views 35 replies 10 participants last post by  Mustang_Girl_32 
#1 ·
I know there's been a million threads on cleaning it up, I couldnt find many pics on here from people who have done it.

Anyone have the egr, ac, and washer fluid delete with pics they could post up? Im thinking of deleting those 3 things as well as the back seat. Will be something cheap I can do to the car without having to spend too much money, obviously wont be gaining any power but it'd be nice if I could notice a difference.

#2 ·
I have done a EGR delete here is a pic without the EGR, As far as AC I would never delete mine as there is not much gain to be had from the comfort lost. I actually put my AIT sensor where the EFR used to be.

#4 ·
Thanks man I dont drive it in the rain hell with 600 RWHP and drag radials I dont think it would go anwhere anyhow LOL, I actually deleted all the blue fuel hose and I now have -8 Steel braided line.

#5 ·
Yea I dont blame you I hate that I have to drive my car in the rain. Hopefully come summer I am buying a truck so I can park my car :). I bet that looks good with all braided lines.

#6 ·
I feel alot safer with the SS lines against getting a puncture or something that could cause an issue.

#13 ·
#11 ·
No They are on top of the valve cover, But I rewrapped the wire loom and made it all clean and neat as I could.

on the Windshield washer reservoir you looking at a couple pounds it is in the fender and accessible from the front fender well. I dont use mine only thing you will delete will be the reservoir and lines the pump come sout with the reservoir.

#25 ·
nope rear seat is still there. I took like 150lbs out all at once but yes it helps a lot! I like weight reduction lol

yup I am haha I want to do it and its not by any means a DD so why not

#28 ·
I was determined to make one of Ford's ugliest engine bays into something special. It wasn't easy but turned out pretty nice in the end. I eliminated the egr and brought my vacuum lines in where it was, hid and rewrapped some of the wires, hid the maf in the wheelwell, relocated and covered the powersteering res, relocated the battery to the trunk, had some wiring harness covers made and made an engine bay surround.... oh, and a polished blower doesn't hurt either.

#33 ·
Lonehorse, that looks awesome man! Good work.

What size fittings and hose did you use for the coolant cross over?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.