Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey ppl heres a few questions for my block.

1- i have a tecksid block in my 2001 cobra, how much would it cost to machine it and have it bored over .20?

2- in the future im ganna do a supercharger or procharger so wut type of heads, cams, and other internals (must be forged!!! only) should i look into?
please give me a name and a website i could find them at.

thank u all
- Chris

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
boring is usually betweek $125-200 depending on machine shop. just run your heads, get a little work done on them, run a mach lower (shorter runner) if running a centri, cams will be decided with primary goals of set up, and good rods and pistons of you choice (stock crank is forged).

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
boring is usually betweek $125-200 depending on machine shop. just run your heads, get a little work done on them, run a mach lower (shorter runner) if running a centri, cams will be decided with primary goals of set up, and good rods and pistons of you choice (stock crank is forged).
im looking to do new everything except for my block, and my stock crank is not forged its cast bc its an 01, i already spoke to numerous dealers and shops to double check that its def not forged.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
I just had a teksid block bored .20 over and it was $150.

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
im looking to do new everything except for my block, and my stock crank is not forged its cast bc its an 01, i already spoke to numerous dealers and shops to double check that its def not forged.
96-04 cobras all had forged cranks stock. the manual machs are forged stock as well.

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
:withhomo

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
96-04 cobras all had forged cranks stock. the manual machs are forged stock as well.
+ 1 The dealers and shops you talked to lied to you man. But if you are sure your stock crank is cast then I'll take it off your hands :D

·
Registered
26 Posts
2001 cobra crank is forged. all ya need is rods and pistons. if i were you i would just hone if ya can. the over bore is a waste of time, un less ur gonna do a stroker. put more money in good rotating assembly and bearings/bolts. and ur gonna really have to pour money into head work, for some reason cams and other parts for these heads are really pricey. anyways this is just an opinion, even know there will be 5 more post correcting me and everyone else.

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
depends on what you get and have done. cams are expensive for the 4v's, but are good investments for full power potential. strokers are ok, but have their down falls as well.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts