Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sometimes I like to hear my car gurgle by letting off the gas in 3rd gear at about 2800rpm . yesterday however the check engine light came on when I was doing so. I checked the code and it was lack of HO2 and said my car was lean. is that just cause what i was doing or is my car actually running lean. I don't wanna blow up or anything. :)

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
ive never had that problem, and my exhaust gargles alot, and i downshift to hear it do it sometimes, never had a problem

·
The Mean Green
5,528 Posts
ive never had that problem, and my exhaust gargles alot, and i downshift to hear it do it sometimes, never had a problem
+1 Ya might wanna check and make sure its getting enough fuel, is there a tune or anything on it?:dunno

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah i have a custom tune which ive had on the car for several months with no problems. I wasnt sure if maybe I had a partially failing H02 sensor or something... i cleared the code and it hasnt come back. maybe it will just go away.

·
Registered
4,406 Posts
its probably bad o2's.

·
Banned
2,403 Posts
alot of times in tunes you can cut short term fuel trim on decel, which is what makes it pop, and will run it lean, so that could be your trouble.

·
Banned
2,403 Posts
Yeah i have a custom tune which ive had on the car for several months with no problems. I wasnt sure if maybe I had a partially failing H02 sensor or something... i cleared the code and it hasnt come back. maybe it will just go away.
probably your STF on decel is pulled, lots of tuners do it, gives it the popping sound.

·
Premium Member
4,464 Posts
Low timing will also make it pop on decel. Sometimes you need to run craploads of timing on decel due to the low air density. Most cars have coasting fuel shutoff too and it will turn the injectors off during decel. If you have a wideband it will peg at 20. There will be no damage and you save gas too. I'd say the code is unrelated and you probably need new o2 sensors. O2 sensors are the key to keeping your engine healthy. Replace them every 30K mi for optimal operation. Some people say you should change your O2s when you change your spark plugs.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts