Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am building a 310 roller motor and was wondering if there are any little tricks when putting it together to gain HP? Also if i am going the right way with the motor to build high horsepower? The motor is a mid 80's 302 taken out to a 310. i have a stock crank and stock rods with ARP everything. It has hypertectic pistons. I got a set of 3 line GT-40 heads that have the valves bored out to 1.94 and 1.600. I have a set of roller rockers on them. The cam is from lunati and its has a lift of 5.65/5.65. and i also got a fadenza Aluminum flywheel. if you could give me tech tips it would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I can't think of any tricks really other than do it right the first time ie. blueprint you'r way through the build, torque plate honing the cylinder bores, and torque everything to spec. just my opinion if your going for high hp i'd lose the hypers.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
why would i want to lose the hypers? i was told they are stronger then stock cast pistons? was i told wrong?

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
even written correctly thats huge lift.

·
Registered
63 Posts
whats the duration on the cam? hypereutectic pistons are stronger than cast but forged would be best. why such big valves? how hard are you gonna spin it?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts