Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm getting close to having my parts list complete here's what I have so far. MMR 1000 rotating assembly already assembled in a new current production aluminum block ARP everyrhing. Pistons are not cut. Victor Jr intake (debating if its worth having port matched) and edelbrock rails with aeromotive frps adapter. Accufab 75mm tb,All gaskets ,# 60 injectors, Iw 15% overdrive bancer ,MMR billet oil pump gears and new 4.75 oil pump, comp cam 600 lift springs, ram billet steel flywheel, MMR 7 quart oil pan (I might sell and use my stock pan?) There might be more but that's all I can think of now. Here's what's left to purchase, windage tray, 6061 custom elbow without iac, IAC relocation adapter, fuel pump and lines ( leaning towards the on3 kit comes with lines tank,pumps,regulator, ??) I have brand new 04 heads I will be sending to MHS for stage 2 port and cams, should I go bigger??? And I will also be replacing my stock clutch with something forgiving like a exedy stage 2 so hopefully my tr3650 will hold up another year or two. My goal is 600 HP +/- a little. I am currently running a vortech v3 si with a cx racing 3 core i will be swapping to 4/core. Any thoughts or opinions are welcome..

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
For my blower what do you guys think would be best stage 2 or stage 3 heads? Does anyone have experience with the on3 fuel system just trying to make some final decisions.

·
Registered
306 Posts
did the on3 fuel system in a foxbody with an LS swap, but have not got it running yet. Everything looks great tho! Stage 3 heads if you are bored, stage 2 if not. The valve in the head will get shrouded on stock bore with stage 3. I did it, but if i could do it again I would get trickflow heads....

·
Corner Carvin
149 Posts
Gonna be one hell of a motor when its done! IMO, since you went so big with the rotating assembly, might as well squeeze out every bit of power you can. Im not sure what a V3 maxes out at, but I would go ahead and do a stage 3 port and port match everything. For cams, I would just have him custom grind you a set. If your gonna get them ported, you might as well do it right the first time. Cause I am sure eventually you will want to swap blowers to like a YSI or F1A (or some other similar level of ass kicker blower). As far as fuel systems go, I dont think I would (personally) trust a budget fuel system, especially pushing the power levels you will be pushing with your vortech pullied to high hell.

What power level are you shooting for?

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ive been saving and buying parts for about a year now im not rich so this is a big deal for me but im trying my best to do it right and not skimp out.The block is bored 20 over its the 4.75 stroke not sure if that matters for stage 3 heads or not. Shooting for around 600 I won't be mad if its a little less either way just a street car but yeah you never know sometimes you get bored and have to swap out power adders lol the on 3 kit looks great just would be nice to here others who have used it only thing that would be iffy are the pumps the regulator I believe is fore or aeromotive.

---------- Post added at 07:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:22 PM ----------

I could get the kit minus the pumps and just buy 2 pumps

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Ive been saving and buying parts for about a year now im not rich so this is a big deal for me but im trying my best to do it right and not skimp out.The block is bored 20 over its the 4.75 stroke not sure if that matters for stage 3 heads or not. Shooting for around 600 I won't be mad if its a little less either way just a street car but yeah you never know sometimes you get bored and have to swap out power adders lol the on 3 kit looks great just would be nice to here others who have used it only thing that would be iffy are the pumps the regulator I believe is fore or aeromotive.

---------- Post added at 07:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:22 PM ----------

I could get the kit minus the pumps and just buy 2 pumps
The overbore does matter. Most stage 3 heads I've seen recommend an overbore. The clearance between the intake valve and the cylinder wall becomes too close for comfort with the oversized valve. You're not going to notice a huge difference between stage 2 and stage 3 heads. If it's really THAT critical, and you can afford it, I'd just go for trickflow heads. Some of the stage 3 PI heads I've seen cost almost as much as Trickflows.

·
Premium Member
3,361 Posts
I'd be wondering who does the port work at MHS now.
Seeing that Nick passed away a short while ago and did all the porting. I'd look to fox lake Racing for the port work or MMR.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Really??? I did not know that about MHS well **** !!

---------- Post added at 04:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:20 PM ----------

The heads would be CNC cut so would it really matter they have to have a program and all are cut the same

·
Premium Member
3,361 Posts
The MHS heads I had were not cnc ported.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I called them he's calling me back with a price and what they think would work best

---------- Post added at 03:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:36 PM ----------

So far Livernois suggested trickflow for 600rwhp at least they are honest.mmr said around 1600 to stage3 port my heads.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I decided to put my pi heads up for sale and they sold so looks like I'll be going with trick flow.im looking at buying trick flow 185 track heat 38cc and running cms 2.5 blower cams now that I won't have to worry about PTV clearance. These heads should be good to run straight out of the box??

·
Premium Member
3,361 Posts
Remember to order the cams made for Trick Flow heads and you will need to degree them.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts