Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys getting ready buy the stroker kit and want to make sure i do this right. I just picked up a set of TFS twisted wedge 205cc fully CNC'd and want to build around 10.5:1 compression. I have hurd the problems some people have with putting dome pistons with those heads. hurd the valves in the pistons. I want to make sure this will work. pretty sure the heads have 64cc champers. not positive though.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
well you kinda have to be positive about the cc to get an accurate compression

·
902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes i know this, where would the part number be on the head? i bought them new at a swap meet, so no f'n paper work or anything.

·
902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
just looked it up and looks like they are 65cc champers. i have the TFS twisted wedge 205 CNC heads. pretty sure they are 65cc.

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
10.5:1 is a typical flattop with t/w valve reliefs you dont need a valve

·
902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
huh i have been looking around and with 64cc chambers im looking at around 9.5-9.8. which was lower than i wanted. also thought about decking my block if i had to, but then i would be in the same position of piston-valve clearence

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
i would go have them cc'd at a machine shop and make sure. unless you just want a "pretty sure" build.

·
902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
yeah i can cc them at school.

so if they are 65cc combustion champers, how can i get 10.5:1 compression without getting piston-valve clash.

·
902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
mainly i just want to make sure i wont have clash before i order a rotating assembly and have it not work.

·
902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yes, was trying avoid that to keep cost down. im kinda on a budget with this and dont have much room to play.

·
902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ok they have 65cc chambers. im looking at running .550 lift or so max. i want to run as close to 10.5:1 compression. how can i achieve that and not have piston-valve clash

·
Banned
464 Posts
well the total lift doesn't effect PTV clearance because the piston is far away from TDC when max lift is achieved, it's all dependant on the valve events and cam timing.

you will have to check PTV clearance no matter what, if you're that strung up for cash just cut your own valve reliefs...

·
Registered
7,991 Posts
its simple, just fly cut the pistons, its not hard at all, prob run you 100 bucks at a machine shop. Simple answer to a simple problem

·
902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ok thanks guys

·
Banned
3,014 Posts
Mill the heads to 58 cc .... A flat top will get you there...It depends on the valve relief cc's

·
Registered
287 Posts
If your going for a budget stroker then thats what your going to get, like E3sean said its usally a flat top. with them heads make sure you get the right reliefs in the pistons there are certain kits that are designed for them heads. usally around 1600ish depending how good you want to get.

·
902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
If your going for a budget stroker then thats what your going to get, like E3sean said its usally a flat top. with them heads make sure you get the right reliefs in the pistons there are certain kits that are designed for them heads. usally around 1600ish depending how good you want to get.
alright, just looking at the graphs and tables it shows those 65cc chambers with flat top pistons only making 9.2-9.8:1. is there a calculation for every .010" taken off of the head to show how much compression gain i would see?

·
Registered
287 Posts
your not going to gain much, the more you take of the more your gonna run into PVC problems. just make sure what you take of you double check the PVC you usally want around .0080 clearance from piston to valve

·
902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
ok thanks, i am going to check the clearance with flat tops and then go from there when i get to that point. but still what is the calculation for how much i mill off the head? if i have the clearance i will mill the head because i am goign to want that extra compression. unless you guys think that flat tops and 65cc chambers will get me to 10.5:1 even if the charts say it will only be 9.5 or so

1 - 20 of 28 Posts