Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a weird question whats the best way to clean the engine bay? I have a buddy that just opens the hood and sprays it with a hose but i've also been told thats a very bad thing to do.

·
Doc
37,101 Posts
I would steam clean it if it's very dirty.
if not I would use an engine degreaser. just make sure to cover up the main electrical components.

·
Registered
5,029 Posts
I have a weird question whats the best way to clean the engine bay? I have a buddy that just opens the hood and sprays it with a hose but i've also been told thats a very bad thing to do.
gunk,garden hose being very gentle with the water

·
Registered
261 Posts
Ive had good results by first spraying the engine bay with engine degreaser, scrubbing areas that need more attention, rinsing with a water hose, and finally spraying WD40 everywhere...Gives it a shiny look!

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
Ive had good results by first spraying the engine bay with engine degreaser, scrubbing areas that need more attention, rinsing with a water hose, and finally spraying WD40 everywhere...Gives it a shiny look!
Ha! so you're the reason I get all covered in lube when I work on those cars that just came fresh from a used car dealer?

This may be a wives tale, but I've heard you want to have the engine running when you are hosing it down with water.. just keep the hose away from the intake, if thats what you're supposed to do.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Ha! so you're the reason I get all covered in lube when I work on those cars that just came fresh from a used car dealer?
When it idles it burns most of it off tho. Shiney things make me horny:cool:!

Edit: I always mess up quotes

·
Registered
685 Posts
ive had great luck with gunk to, my old camaro I had to apply it three times to get it to look really good but that thing was nasty

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
ya the gunk engine bright works great but dont get the gel it sucks the foam or liquid is the best

1 - 9 of 9 Posts