Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright so i have my valve covers and upper intake off. i already cleaned and painted the valve covers black. cuz they were butt ugly. idk if i should shine the upper or spray paint it. maybe silver. but the aluminum 5.0HO plate on top is destroyed with wear so i was thinking spraypaint the lettering and grooves red and the rest metallic. the red will match my plug wires. not sure if it'll look gay or not...i dont mind the spray painted look and anything would be better than the typical dirty unpolished metal (iron? steel? idk..)

opinions? pics of your colors?!?

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
I took the 5.0 plate and had a wire brush disk on an angle grinder and got it all down to bare metal. It was a really dull ugly metal color and it came out looking pretty good and rather shiny. Next I took flat black spray paint and painted the entire thing, then what I'll do after that is take a sander and sand the top flat part back down to the metal so the lines and 5.0 FORD HO will all be in black. I think if you did that with red spray it would look good and also take the wire brush angle grinder to the upper intake to shine it up.

Just my .02

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Pics please?

·
Atomized
1,397 Posts
i painted all my acc and brakets in high temp engine silver and black and it looked awesome, when i rebuilt my old motor

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

you like?

·
Registered
58 Posts
looks good, im doing some work on my typhoon intake as well.Should have some pics soon

·
Registered
71 Posts
Have you ever seen the silver power coat?
The price has came way down on having stuff coated and the silver is nice

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
My way was pretty cheap and it looks good enough for me but a silver powder coat would be sweet and is the white on that 5.0 plate glue?

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yea i would have spent money on something nicer but i mean i already had my intake off when i decided to paint it, needed it the next day. i'll post pics of the fnished product as soon as im done with the 5.0HO plate.

btw brandon tht looks sick

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Thanks man

I like the red and white and the glue in there is pretty creative lol, I'll prolly have to redo mine cause I didn't use high heat paint but oh well it was easy

·
Registered
11,200 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
lol yea my little sister came up with the idea. that isnt even the true color of it! its metallic with red writing, i just had to spraypaint the whole thing red first, put glue where i wanted the red to stay. the metallic over it and peel off the glue.

it didnt come too nice, the glue kinda didnt prevent ALL the metallic sooo it needs touching up/redoing
but i put the red/white pic cuz i thought it looked better with the glue on it!

final

you can see the metallic "5" of glue that peeled off

1 - 15 of 15 Posts