Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well she fought me a bit (mostly the steering shaft). But she is out. I didn't realize how Monstrous our engines are for their displacement, pretty retarded. At any rate, I'm just relieved its out, its been a year since she died, and this is the first major progress since she has been brought back home from the car hospital where she was pronounced dead.

·
Registered
444 Posts
how did you steering shaft give you problems? jw

·
Registered
4,987 Posts
^ I was thinking the same.My 5.4 was in and out a few times and barley touched it..

Either way glad to hear,What are your plans now?

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do you have LT's? I disconnected my but because I removed my engine with the LT's and Transmission still on the car, manovering the car to get the sterring shaft out from the LT's was a pain.

The plan now is to check the condition of the bottom end. If it looks ok, I may just get the top end back together and reassemble the car with basically just a PI swap. If the condition is bad or I need to take it all apart, I will swap the rods and pistons for forged pieces and probably get ready for some twin turbo's in the future.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, I didn't want to bother taking the headers off since they took me a week to get on the first time. With the engine lift it would have been easier, but I still didn't feel like knuckle busting that much. So instead I swore a wedged alot to get the thing out.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
congrats...I hope to take out mine next summer, just for a rebuild/PI swap.

If anything I would for sure change the bearings (crank, etc.) and new piston rings

·
Genibus Nitito Canus
2,947 Posts
i vote twisted wedge heads instead of PIs for the top end

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well I already have a full PI swap waiting. But I'm not sure what I am going to do. I am trying to decide what kind of power I want. I suspect that the stang will become my DD again at some point and I will get a lotus or a kit car for my toy. And if I do that, I will just stay n/a. If I don't stay n/a, i'm going all forged and keeping the PI, cause I'll just put some twin turbo's on it.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
^^ tough decision lol

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
yeah if I had the money I would for sure get the twin turbo kit....not about to drop 8 k's at this time :'(

1 - 13 of 13 Posts