Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i recently had my nitrous detonate now my car has no power i hit the gas and it sputters and bogs like it wants to fall on its face any ideas i just replaced the spark plugs yesturday?

·
Registered
135 Posts
check your compresson in each piston...

·
Registered
20 Posts
you will need a compression guage that goes in ur spark plug hole if im not mistaken...at least thats what we used to use on jet ski motors.

·
Registered
135 Posts
go to autozone and ask for a compression tester. You skrew the end into end of the spark plug slots, then let the car turn over 3-4 times. also, when u r at autozone, ask what the gauge should read for your make, model, and year.

·
Registered
135 Posts
each of the spark plug slots*

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
check compression

do you have any codes?
do you have any smoke coming out the rear?
hows the idle?
well my idle is rough its at 500 wich is y im buying that iac from u and also thats the code im throwing not sure about the smoke but do u think that tha iac would cause bogging? and sputtering?

·
MM's official Chevy guy
2,024 Posts
well my idle is rough its at 500 wich is y im buying that iac from u and also thats the code im throwing not sure about the smoke but do u think that tha iac would cause bogging? and sputtering?
could be a vacuum leak. baby you blew out the intake gasket on the back fire.

·
Banned
15,799 Posts
wait wait
before you pay for the IAC take yours out and check out
see if they look like the ones in my picture. no need to buy it if you dont need.it

IAC wouldnt come in to effect as far as performance while cruising or WOT

check vacuum, compression and everything else mentioned

·
¡ʇsnq ɹo uʍop ǝpısdn
12,571 Posts
is you nitrous still hooked up?? It will bog and run like hell if its running extra rich

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
wait wait
before you pay for the IAC take yours out and check out
see if they look like the ones in my picture. no need to buy it if you dont need.it

IAC wouldnt come in to effect as far as performance while cruising or WOT

check vacuum, compression and everything else mentioned
but when i unplugged my iac it dident do anything and i heard when u unplug the iac it would jump around rpm wise. o and i had someone rev my car and i sat by the exhaust no smoke but it smelled like gas.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
is you nitrous still hooked up?? It will bog and run like hell if its running extra rich
ya my nitrous is still hooked up but i have a switch that turns everything on solinoid wise and that switch is off so its still hooked up but its off and the bottle is off

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
man you blew a gasket or something out that backfire. is it a wet or dry kit?

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
yeah man check for a vacuum leak and all your gaskets

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yeah man check for a vacuum leak and all your gaskets
well we check for vacum leaks with carbcleaner and nothing how do i check for the gaskets?

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
replace them lol

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
**** i really hope that nothing major is wrong with my car! so just checkmy gaskets then?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts