Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When i bought my mustang from the previous owner he said the only before him told him that the engine in it is a 2001 mustang. This was put in because he blew the other one. I have looked at pictures of other mustangs engines on the internet and i think that i have the stock motor.....is there any particular way that i can tell?

I have just bought a tuner and before i have it tuned i need to know this. All help is appreciated

·
MM's official Chevy guy
2,024 Posts
um post a pic, and do you mean a stock replacment or the stock one that was suposedaly wrecked

·
Registered
811 Posts
thats def the 98 engine. the 99-04 had a dif intake and had split port heads and intake. i have a 98 and mine looks just like that

·
MM's official Chevy guy
2,024 Posts
yes that is a stock moter that is definetaly in need of a cleaning.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
*starts bawling* that makes me so mad. I had no idea at the time. i know it needs to be cleaned. Would it be best done with just power washing it or do i need to do it some other way?

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
also, how much does it cost to do a split port swap. I know someone has asked this before but i believe it is an easy answer.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
arg.....i dont have near that much money.......i think eventually i might do that so i will keep you in mind

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
take some time and clean that engine lol, its horrible looking, and thats a stocker, or at least a different motor but from the relative same year, check to see if the numbers match if you wanna know if its the original or not

1 - 18 of 18 Posts