Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car has a hesitation problem when the engine is warm or right after start up. Whenever I press on the gas, it'll hesitate slightly before accelerating. It doesnt matter how much gas I give it, and it seems to hesitate longer the higher the rpms are. It also doesnt have the torque and horsepower it does when the engine is cold. Also, when I press the gas right after start up, the rpms drop slightly before coming up like its getting too lean or rich. But after its been running for like 5 mins it seems like it has much more power when floor it. I have no idea what is causing it. I do have a check engine light on but its for the EGR valve I believe. I dont think that could be causing the problem.

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
yeah your EGR valve could do it and rob power, get a new egr pressure sensor and see if that helps, also run an injector cleaner and check your air filter

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh, ok. I did get a new egr pressure sensor and that did nothing. The air filter was cleaned about a month ago but I cant hurt to clean it again. I will try to get a new egr valve I suppose and try some fuel injector cleaner. thanks.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
iv had problems with my egr valve too...

How many miles do u have on ur car?

If its close to 100 k or so then u also should clean out the pipe going from the exhaust to the egr valve, and the pipe running from the egr valve to the intake. These get clogged with crap after a while...All you need to do is get some kind of engine cleaner, the guys at my store suggested gumout carb cleaner in an aerosal can that way u can direct the spray...for the egr to intake all you need is a toothbrush but for the pipe from teh exhaust to the egr u may have to get creative you need something that will be long but flexible with a brush on it...i would say something like a trombone cleaer or something might do the trick

Clean those out and you might be able to see a difference hope this helps

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
Oh, ok. I did get a new egr pressure sensor and that did nothing. The air filter was cleaned about a month ago but I cant hurt to clean it again. I will try to get a new egr valve I suppose and try some fuel injector cleaner. thanks.
yeah it may be the valve itself there are about 3 parts with the EGR system that will throw the same code its a guess and test on what fixes it

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have 75K miles on it. I will take a look at the egr tubes. Is there a way to test if the tubes are clogged? Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Will seafoam help??

·
Registered
587 Posts
mine sorta did the same thing. it ended up being the cam position sensor. if the egr valve isn't it, take a look at that

·
Registered
249 Posts
+1 on the EGR!
seafoam will not really help this problem it may help with an idle but guys seafoam is not the answer to all problems.
You mean I have to take it off my list of universal fix-its of:

1. Duck Tape
2. Super Glue
3. Ramen Noodles
4. JB Weld

?????? :D

·
Registered
46 Posts
You mean I have to take it off my list of universal fix-its of:

1. Duck Tape
2. Super Glue
3. Ramen Noodles
4. JB Weld

?????? :D
NO YOU WILL ALL PERISH BEFORE THE AWESOME MIGHT OF SEAFOAM :D
ps don forget wd 40 and vice grips (dude broke a lambo shifter in C&D and used vice grips as a shift knob after that it got added to the list of universal fix-its)

·
Registered
249 Posts
1. Duck Tape
2. Super Glue
3. Ramen Noodles
4. JB Weld
5. WD40
6. Vice Grips

Fixed!!! :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts