Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just as it says. My engine light came on yesterday, so i plugged my tuner in to get the code....and it said no codes available. So of course i just shut the light off, but what could have triggered the engine light, but not throw a code? The car feels the same, isnt acting weird, and runs great.

·
The soul stealing Ginger
5,864 Posts
get it erased, im a manager at autozone and people come in all the time with that same thing, after its erased, majority of the time it doesnt come back on, did you hit a bump or a curb or anything? sometimes **** like that makes the computer jump.

·
Rainbows Mechanic
1,612 Posts
may be a phantom code...unplug the battery for a couple mins and plug it back in...see if the code goes away then/

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i said in my first post i cleared the code with my tuner. No i didnt hit a bump or anything weird....it just popped on while i was cruising.

·
Rainbows Mechanic
1,612 Posts
so its not no anymore? then it was just a phantom code like i said...something just went ah what the hell..bing light on...it happens alot on my OBD1 system..i just unplug the battery and reset the system and its good to go....if its running fine and no code popped up then why worry about it?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts