Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought an '06 GT 5spd about 5 months ago and love the h*** out of it. Installed Ford Racing adjustable suspension kit and Nitto NT 555 Extreme tires(285 on rear and 255 on the front) and now need help on what to do next. Big fan of road tracking and not real big into straight line racing but need advice on engine mods to start with and whether to go Super or Turbo for road track. I'm thinking of Steeda CAI and wing as well as SCT Tuner, am going to hold off on TB until I get new manifold, and BBK Long tubes w/ off road X. Also which gears to go with top speed is important to me. Any advice would be great thank you in advance

·
Registered
3,776 Posts
wouldnt do a TB at all, i would leave the stock gears you have if you like the speed. also some superchargers replace the manifold.. so it sounds like you need to write up a plan before you start buying performance mods, that way you wont buy things twice..

·
Like A Boss
18,927 Posts
Use the noob's guide, its stickied. Wait about 6 months. Figure out what you're going to do and why.

Personally, I wouldn't go with an aftermarket wing, but Mustangs are all about personality (until they become rice), so that's preference.

You don't need a new intake mani or throttle body until you're pushing out like 600hp and have a turbo, or centrifugal supercharger.

Listen to the exhaust sound thread. Figure out what sound you want. An o/r midpipe will be much louder, and won't give way too much gain over a high flow cat. Longtubes are a good idea, but you need to decide whether you want cats or not, and whether you want an x-pipe, or a prochamber. Prochambers are widely loved around here.

·
FBGM
6,177 Posts
I would try for some suspension and a supercharger, but for sure plan it out, I usually wait months before I buy a mod, its litterally taken me 4 years to do my rear suspension, 1 year on my hood, 2 years on a supercharger, 3 months on my rims but I had those on order before I had the car and 1 year on my side exhaust, but I like how my car looks, it looks planned out, nothing is really out of place and doesnt look cheaped out on.
This is what I started at.

And as of Now

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
what is the difference between prochambers and X-pipe? And the wing is mainly for appearence I'm turning it into an early Boss look alike. Also am curious how much power is needed to be effective around a road track course and not try to just over power my way around it. Once I know a good HP range I can start building from there

·
FBGM
6,177 Posts
Hopefully whiskey will come in about the road course thing but I know there are classes so you should find which class you want to compete in and make sure your car meets those.

·
Slow 3v
1,081 Posts
Sounds like you need to do a lot of research. There isnt a perfect range of HP its all about how well you can drive and control the HP that you do have. Do you know if you want to go with a PD supercharger, centri or turbo? Is there a HP goal you want to achieve? You need to make a decision about all of these.

As for exhaust, Im running BBK LTs, an off road x pipe and Borla Type S cat back(stingers). I have videos on my you tube page of my car with just the cat back and than with the LTs and o/r X. The shound is quite different.

·
Like A Boss
18,927 Posts
Sounds like you need to do a lot of research. There isnt a perfect range of HP its all about how well you can drive and control the HP that you do have. Do you know if you want to go with a PD supercharger, centri or turbo? Is there a HP goal you want to achieve? You need to make a decision about all of these.

As for exhaust, Im running BBK LTs, an off road x pipe and Borla Type S cat back(stingers). I have videos on my you tube page of my car with just the cat back and than with the LTs and o/r X. The shound is quite different.
This.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Super Moderator
7,917 Posts
I bought an '06 GT 5spd about 5 months ago and love the h*** out of it. Installed Ford Racing adjustable suspension kit and Nitto NT 555 Extreme tires(285 on rear and 255 on the front) and now need help on what to do next. Big fan of road tracking and not real big into straight line racing but need advice on engine mods to start with and whether to go Super or Turbo for road track. I'm thinking of Steeda CAI and wing as well as SCT Tuner, am going to hold off on TB until I get new manifold, and BBK Long tubes w/ off road X. Also which gears to go with top speed is important to me. Any advice would be great thank you in advance
If you're going to be road racing corner carving, you would ideally want your tires to be as close to the same width as possible. The more traction you have on the rear than the front, the more its going to try and push.

Power wise, FI is a ways off if any at all. You need to build a reliable motor and get comfortable with its power levels. A tune and a clean CAI will start you off and then next should be exhaust to free up the other end of the engine restriction. A TB is almost worthless unless you've gone FI, some say that the throttle response is better on the FRPP TB but I don't have experience with that.

·
Want Camels?
1,041 Posts
You can also think of a N/A engine mods

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Have you taken the car to a track. cause hell the power your at now might be enough. If your going for a track car (road) you need to work more on suspension and tires then HP. A properly set up suspension with your power levels can kill a car with way more HP and no suspension or driver mod. IMHO

·
FBGM
6,177 Posts
Reactions: BHD

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I've gone to the Sandia track in Alb once and an oval track just for top speed. The FRPP suspension has made a big difference and for now is good until I get more educated/experienced in suspension but I feel the car could be faster as a whole w/ a bit more power. Decided a good goal would be 350rwhp

There's a track near you isn't there Blank? I have a golf tourney in Cruces in month and half thought I'd take the car down for some fun in between rounds :)

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
As said above you need a plan so you don't buy parts then have to replace them down the line. For example if you get headers and decide to go with a turbo you would have to remove the headers or if you buy an intake manifold then go with a supercharger the manifold will come off. Having a plan will keep you from wasting money on **** you don't need. To get 350 RWHP you need almost a full bolt on car Cai, Headers, cams, CMPD's, tune, Intake manifold and TB or you can throw a Roush M90 blower on and be there.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Looking to stay away from FI, at least for a couple years, so not worried about having to replace parts b/c of going to a blower. Decided to go with long tubes, CAI, and tuner to start. Hear mixed opinions on the TB so next up will most likely be cams.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
heres what the bbk sound like with o/r x.it sounds a bit deeper in real person.ignore my attempt to do a drive by.it was wet an not enough room.a guy at work has a 12 gt 5.0 with roush axle backs and he likes the sound of mine better.hes going to void his warrenty to get headers now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yz-DWuHDpTI

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
I've gone to the Sandia track in Alb once and an oval track just for top speed. The FRPP suspension has made a big difference and for now is good until I get more educated/experienced in suspension but I feel the car could be faster as a whole w/ a bit more power. Decided a good goal would be 350rwhp

There's a track near you isn't there Blank? I have a golf tourney in Cruces in month and half thought I'd take the car down for some fun in between rounds :)
yea theres a track in deming. i havent been yet but i go to ABQ pretty frequently and ive wanted to go to sandia but my weekends are a drunken blur when i go. hell man when you go to cruces hit me up and we can cruise and kick it. find some local spots to kick it. i havent been in the car scene to muc recently. ive been deployed to much. also go check the texas meet thread in my sig if you wanna roll we can cruise out together.

·
Bob The Mo'fukkin Builda!
10,234 Posts
if you're going to be doing corners for any real racing classes you need to consider what mods are going to put you into a higher class. unless you've been racing for a while already you may just want to stay as close to stock as possible until you get some confidence in your car and more importantly your personal ability.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts