Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently purchased an optima, moroso coolant expansion tank, stock valve covers that I'm going to be painting sonic blue along with my alt bracket and maybe a few other smaller items. I am wanting opinions on what I should do with my custom battery hold down I am having made for the optima. The optima doesn't fit so great in my stock tray so I figured since I;m going to have to do something I'd get a nice looking battery hold down made. I want to know if you guys think I should get it stainless, polished, or polished powdercoat and what I should do design wise. I was wanting to get Mustang in cursive but I thought it might make my engine bay a bit too busy with that design. Ill let u see a pic to try and help me decide.. as well as cooltray website and what they can do.

Battery Hold Downs for Optima Batteries (3) - Cool Trays

since this pic i have repainted my pipe going into the throttle body and looks so much better as well as put some miscellaneous caps/covers in there. And what I listed above. Ill have to get you a recent picture but use your imagination for now and try to help me decide lol

·
Head Unicorn
5,085 Posts
Pretty nice stuff on the battery hold down link you provided.... why not go trunk mount for the ultra clean look?

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What exactly do I do about that open hole? Lol. Kinda want to keep my trunk clean too haha

·
Head Unicorn
5,085 Posts
That's where you put your fabbed aluminum supercharger intercooler tank you should be ordering. I'm not the go to guy for saving money and not changing things drastically. Mine houses a stand alone fuel cell for my nitrous kit, which by the way happens to be a highly altered intercooler tank.

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Don't think I'm ready to move the batt. Just gonna keep it up front

·
Super Moderator
13,578 Posts

·
Head Unicorn
5,085 Posts
Is this legal if your drag racing?
Yes, with a firewall from the passenger compartment to the trunk it is. Most local tracks accept a rear seat as a firewall.

·
Super Moderator
13,578 Posts
of course yet another step for me to further take due to my drop top.

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
if your going to do anything with the battery you should move it to the rear, IMO all those battery hold downs look tacky

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm not into racing that much. I really like that I can design my own. Which is what I wanted your help with. How hard is this to do?

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Haven't done anything with the intake just gonna do valve covers.

·
Super Moderator
13,578 Posts
Intake would look awesome as well!

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Alright I'll definitely do that too then.

I just looked over how to relocate the battery and im not looking to do that at this point in time. Just keep it how it is anx get a custom powdercoated tray thats polished.

·
Super Moderator
13,578 Posts
I would like to relocate my Battery to the Rear I need traction pretty bad.

·
Head Unicorn
5,085 Posts
I think the pic is old and the EGR delete is long complete. I may be wrong though. Mustang Girl I apologize for swaying your thread to the trunk mount side. Honestly I wouldn't change the base design they offer, different finishes may be a nice touch but I'm a natural aluminum finish type of guy personally.

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yeah I think u may be right..^

1 - 20 of 24 Posts