Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just wanted to know what kind of engine prep you need to do for adding a turbo or super charged system. I heard somewhere that if you are going to be adding more then say 7 or 8 psi with the system that you should have forged pistons, crank, etc because the stock engine parts wont be able to take the strain.

Also, when running a turbo or super charged system, is it necessary to move up in octane level for the fuel?

·
¡ʇsnq ɹo uʍop ǝpısdn
12,571 Posts
I just wanted to know what kind of engine prep you need to do for adding a turbo or super charged system. I heard somewhere that if you are going to be adding more then say 7 or 8 psi with the system that you should have forged pistons, crank, etc because the stock engine parts wont be able to take the strain.

Also, when running a turbo or super charged system, is it necessary to move up in octane level for the fuel?
It would be better if you started a new thread next time but this is a tangable topic so it counts...

On an essex V6 you can run up to about 11 psi at close to 300 horse power and still drive it everyday on the street... UNLESS you have an older engine that is worn down... but a new essexs block and stock internals can easily run at 11 psi... from there i must say that you need to have everything set up right, tune, drivetrain, rear end... things like that

and it would be more then wise to step up the fuel grade unless your still on a really low compression ratio

1 - 2 of 2 Posts