Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 99 gt and its a daily driver. I want to give it an engine rebuild, and i dont know exactly where to buy a kit or what exactly to buy. I do want to eventually supercharge or something like that, but not for a while, so i need something thats good for daily driver and possibly for modifications in future.. Thanks!

·
☼ny
271 Posts
All u would need for some mild boost supercharging would be forged rods n pistons(around 9:1 compression?). MMR has some good deals on good quality parts. Have the heads cleaned up and checked at a machine shop and reuse or send em out to get ported if u wanna spend a lil more. Finally get some mild supercharger cams from CMS or MHS and upgraded springs. U can use those without boost for now.
That would be my budget DD build.

If u have around 11 grand, then do what I did...reused block bored .020 over, 5.0 stroker kit, TFS heads, CMS stage 3 cams, Eddy intake, Upgraded fuel system, 4:10 gears. Mine's a N/A motor though. nitrous later

Reactions: echastain88

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
Modmax for parts.

If you go to MMR only buy the parts DO NOT have then "build" you an engine. But afford them if all at possible.

·
☼ny
271 Posts
Modmax for parts.

If you go to MMR only buy the parts. DO NOT have them "build" you an engine. But avoid them if at all possible.
Is that what u meant?

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
Yup lol it was on my phone. They will **** your engine up worse than that paragraph I wrote!

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts
All u would need for some mild boost supercharging would be forged rods n pistons(around 9:1 compression?). MMR has some good deals on good quality parts. Have the heads cleaned up and checked at a machine shop and reuse or send em out to get ported if u wanna spend a lil more. Finally get some mild supercharger cams from CMS or MHS and upgraded springs. U can use those without boost for now.
That would be my budget DD build.

If u have around 11 grand, then do what I did...reused block bored .020 over, 5.0 stroker kit, TFS heads, CMS stage 3 cams, Eddy intake, Upgraded fuel system, 4:10 gears. Mine's a N/A motor though. nitrous later
This is not true. A stock motor will handle 9 psi of boost for a long time. I have personally run my motor at the power in my signature for about 90,000 miles. If you want more than I have then yes, you need forged internals or cams. I'm running at SAE 380 rwhp. Cams give you an addition 50 rwhp without blowing up the motor.

·
☼ny
271 Posts
This is not true. A stock motor will handle 9 psi of boost for a long time. I have personally run my motor at the power in my signature for about 90,000 miles. If you want more than I have then yes, you need forged internals or cams. I'm running at SAE 380 rwhp. Cams give you an addition 50 rwhp without blowing up the motor.
But he wants to refresh his motor anyway, so why not get some forged stuff for peace of mind? I had close to 120k miles on my motor when I decided to mess with it. She ran great, but you couldn't make me supercharge that. What I said is definitely not considering limitations of a stock motor, but it's just what I would do if I was on a small budget.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts