Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys

i´m thinking in rebuild my 99 GT engine and I want to build a 450, 500 hp's daily driven car.

searching on the web I found this street rotating assembly:

4.6 2V/3V/4V Street Rotating Assembly

Im new in this area, so i'm asking for your help.

do you recomend these products?
what i need to upgrade besides the internals to get that 450-500 horses?

thanks for your help

·
Registered
151 Posts
Visit MMR's website. They are very reasonable on price and they sell quality products! Speak with mark he will hook you up. Very nice guy.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
I would re-use stock crank (if applicable) and buy some nicer pistons and rods for those relatively safe power levels. Save some cash for the machine shop and balancing.

However even if your budgets allows i would still buy a better kit than that.

·
I Need More Power!!!
464 Posts
I would re-use stock crank (if applicable) and buy some nicer pistons and rods for those relatively safe power levels. Save some cash for the machine shop and balancing.

However even if your budgets allows i would still buy a better kit than that.
+1 check out MMR as a couple of guys already said

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Yes MMR does have some really nice MMR branded (generic if you will) i-beam and h-beam rods that are cheap and very good quality and as for pistons modmax has a nice selection (some nice piston and piston ring combos) and a good company to deal with hes just notorious for being a little stingy when it comes to tracking numbers, MMR has also never given me any problems either.

And just a heads up (im assuming this is a high mileage motor) i would look into a brand new oil pump, dont be stingy and re-use the old one pay up the measly 79-120$ for a cobra pump and pick up tube from modmax wile your at it you will have more piece of mind knowing your protecting your 1000$+ investment

P.s.s i would invest in some ARP equipment since u will be tossing out the stock TTY head bolts and mains, with a nice set of fel pro MLS head gaskets to seal that b**** up real good lol

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes MMR does have some really nice MMR branded (generic if you will) i-beam and h-beam rods that are cheap and very good quality and as for pistons modmax has a nice selection (some nice piston and piston ring combos) and a good company to deal with hes just notorious for being a little stingy when it comes to tracking numbers, MMR has also never given me any problems either.

And just a heads up (im assuming this is a high mileage motor) i would look into a brand new oil pump, dont be stingy and re-use the old one pay up the measly 79-120$ for a cobra pump and pick up tube from modmax wile your at it you will have more piece of mind knowing your protecting your 1000$+ investment

P.s.s i would invest in some ARP equipment since u will be tossing out the stock TTY head bolts and mains, with a nice set of fel pro MLS head gaskets to seal that b**** up real good lol
thanks

i'll use the stock crank, with manley flat tops, MMR rods, melling high volume pump, trick flow timing kit, and i was thinking to ad cams.

what cams do you recommend for this application?

with flat top pistons the compression ratio goes to 12.14:1, this ratio allow me to use 91 octane gas? (remember its a daily driven car)

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
thanks

i'll use the stock crank, with manley flat tops, MMR rods, melling high volume pump, trick flow timing kit, and i was thinking to ad cams.

what cams do you recommend for this application?

with flat top pistons the compression ratio goes to 12.14:1, this ratio allow me to use 91 octane gas? (remember its a daily driven car)
You really didnt specify if you were going naturally aspirated or forced induction

However it seems like your going for a high compression all motor approach, if so then i regret to inform you that your goals of 400-500rwhp are not really fesible with the SOHC 4.6 maybe 400WHP but not 400RWHP and even if you were to achieve 400RWHP n/a youd be beating yourself in the head wishing you hadnt spent so much money. I think the highest we have on these boards (and icould be wrong) is around 388RWHP and im assuming he/she has got 3,000$ in the heads alone, thats more than enough to pick up a used centri for 1600$ and buy a decent fuel system to go with it.

Now dont get me wrong an all N/A sohc 4.6 is bada**. the most ive ever made n/a was 320RWHP on a stock fuel pump, ported stock heads, rowdy cams, and the logan intake i think i woulda had a little bit more if i switched pumps but by the end of the day i was shooting my self in the foot just thinling about how much money i spent. But it sure was fun walking evos, subys, and ls1 camaros with only 320rwhp in a 3200 pound car.

So basically what im saying is that if you want a high compression setup prepare to spend more money than needed to go fast and invest in some nice ported heads as well as some nice cams.

My suggestion to you is to do said (stock crank,forged pistons and rods) add some cams and a nice used centri blower and call it a day. M

And if your really really dead set on a N/A i would start by switching to a DOHC setup.

Hope this helps.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts