Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My first engine (302) removal. Two questions, please:

The manual says to "disconnect the engine suppport insulators at the brackets on the frame underbody." Does this mean the 4 bolts attaching the engine support assembly to the block, or the long pivot bolts just above the rubber isolator pads on the brackets? Or something else? Seems like the 4 bolts makes sense, as the engine would still be supported solidly until lifted out.

The manual says, after disconnecting the flywheel from the converter (C4), "secure the converter assembly in the housing." how would I go about doing this?

Thanks much - pretty scary undertaking the first time around.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
put a support under the tranny while pulling the engine,the converter will stay in place.you can pull the bolts out of the mounts any way you want to,just keep your hands out of the way.

·
Premium Member
2,247 Posts
Hey Man,

Need to ask you what you are using to remove the motor, are your rebuilding the transmission? Are you working on concret? How tall is your Roof of your garage. How many people do you have helping ?

We remove 4 motors a month. From only Mustangs. You can call me if you Like.

Reason why I ask if your rebuilding your transmission is that we remover our motors with the tranny on them.

1: there are 2 bolts that hold the motor mount to the frame mount. These are the only 2 you need to remove, 1 on each side. they are 5" long.

2: Removing all connections to the motor Fuel, Engine feed wiring, Ground wire, exhuast, power streering if your have, A/C Lines if you have,radator, Tranny cooling lines if a auto, 4 nut on the torque conv. 6 bolts on the bell housing. " use a jack stand on the bell housing to hold tranny up.

That is the basics, Any thing else feel free to call me. You can find my number List on the site below.

Good Luck

1 - 3 of 3 Posts