Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so at about 212k miles my 01 gt blew out a spark plug and it seems like a helicoil is a no go. so currently have a few options

an 05 lincoln town car 4.6 with roughly 125k for 400

an 04 mustang gt engine and tranny for 1200 with engine sold separately for "bout 800" with 120k

i have a video of the mustang engine running

the owner of the salvage lincoln lost the key and has been giving me headaches with his pullers/mechanics not being able to meet up as planned.

im gambling on the town car engine a bit by trying to save 400. i still have my 01 gt engine in the car and understand that ill need to swap the top end over and probably find a romeo timing cover. (mine is a windsor)

would just like everyone to weight in on my situation here. everyone here has always been so very helpful in the past.

·
Registered
264 Posts
The lincoln engine is a better deal for now, but you'd be using your mustang intake and accessories. Your 01 has the all plastic intake manifold, so itll eventually need to be replaced with the updated manifold with the metal coolant crossover. If you factor that cost in, you're going to end up paying the same as the 04 GT engine, and doing more work, so thats up to you.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
forgot to mention that i already have the newer style intake. had it replaced about 3 years ago. and have had no issues since.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts