Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
King of Clubhouse
5,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey Im not doing it soon or anything but I was looking at the engine rebuild kits Engine Rebuild Kits - summitracing.com

and i know nothing about this car and I dont know if its all stock Im pretty sure it is he said he thought it was so how would I know which kit to get?
its like pistons? piston style? piston oversize? piston ring facing material? piston material?

wow im like woha what?:eek::eek:

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
first i wouldnt rebuild it unless it needed it do a compression test on it and see if all the cylenders are the same also a leak down test (dont shoot me if its called a differnt name) and see if it holds the compression. if its not broke dont fix it...

if u do rebuild it you should save a few hundred more and stroke it..

·
King of Clubhouse
5,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
first i wouldnt rebuild it unless it needed it do a compression test on it and see if all the cylenders are the same also a leak down test (dont shoot me if its called a differnt name) and see if it holds the compression. if its not broke dont fix it...

if u do rebuild it you should save a few hundred more and stroke it..
whats stroke it? (sorry still newbin it) and what does it do?

·
Registered
437 Posts
whats stroke it? (sorry still newbin it) and what does it do?
"stroke it" means your increasing cubic inches by increasing the length of stroke which in turns increases cubic inch displacement. That's how I understand it anyways, correct me if I'm wrong guys.

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
no thats pretty good.. yes if your gonna spend 6-7 hundred on a rebuild kit u might as well spend another 300 to add about 70 hp to your car...

but remember whatever u spend u pretty much have to double that amount to think about the machine work that is needed

1 - 5 of 5 Posts