Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey folks.

I've been searching around and reading lots of threads regarding engine idle. But I haven't seen much on what is going on with mine. It does return to around 700-800 rpm, but its slow to get there.

When I blip the throttle to rev the engine, or just let off the gas and press in the clutch to upshift, it seems I have to wait a moment before the rpms drop enough before it feels like its ready to go into the next gear.

This annoys me, by the way. hehe

I'd like to ask if anyone knows what causes this. ...Not just a shotgun troubleshoot... buy a new this or that, check the IAC, TPS, MAF, etc... I'm hoping that someone knows something about this specific issue that points to a specific cause. If not, well maybe my hopes are too high and I need to shotgun it. hehe

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
such a easy mod but it gets old after a while. YOu have to learn to shift quickly even in daily driving or the rpms will fall to fast causing a jerk when you let off the clutch. Kinda have to relearn how to drive the car.

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
I have heard about this mod over and over yet my gasket on my old IAC and the gasket on the new IAC both have holes the same size as the hole on the IAC. Is this saying you are actually making the hole on the gasket smaller?

·
Premium Member
1,169 Posts
yep. the larger hole is allowing to much air in and keeping the revs up. the smaller hole restricts this a bit more causing the RPMs to drop sooner.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ah ok....

It seems like this is just a characteristic of design. Well, I don't like it. hehe

I'll look into making a restrictor or 3 of slightly different sizes until I get the 'feel' I like.

Thanks folks.

·
Banned
7,007 Posts
I hate the hanging revs on these mustangs... I like snapping the gas on my Demon and having the RPMs drop back fairly quickly. Sounds like it let out a big powerful roar when I hit the gas and then when I let off it's like it's taking a big breath to get ready for another blast.

Vroooom!-Ahh-Vrooooom!-Ahh

The stang reminds me of a leaky tire

Vroooooom!oooooooo....ooooooo...oooooom...Idle

1 - 8 of 8 Posts