Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
so i was going to clean my IAC today when i get off work but i just wanted to check with u guys real quick... (just to make sure im assuming to clean the IAC u remove from throttle body, spary with carb cleaner, use brush to clean out, the bolt back on throttlebody if im wrong please correct me) the reason im doing this is i have been having my idle at around 7-800 rpms, but then occasionally it will drop down to 500 rpms (sometimes like 3-400 lol) and then it will jump back up. so if this doenst fix it i was gonna work on changing vacuum lines, i just need to know which vacuum lines i would actually need to replace and exact parts for it (i was kinda assuming u just go buy a length of vacuum hose and then cut it to size, i didnt know if there was an actual kit or actual lines to do this with)

ok that was the first thing....the second thing is there is a squeaking coming from my alternator. Idk if it would just be the pulley on the alternator, just the belt, or if i would actually need a whole new alternator

all suggestions welcome, thanks guys sorry for the long post

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
just buy like 6 feet of vacuum line, and get a new belt

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
would it hurt at all to say put some wd40 or something like that on the alternator pulley, cause the squeeking gets pretty bad at like 75 mph or so...and if u have the car idling, and u open up the hood and lean down next to the alternator u can kinda hear it like ticking idk if taht helps at all lol

also should i just try to replace like all the vacuum lines at once? would six feet do that or should i just replace the ones coming off of the throttle body?

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
it probably wouldnt hurt anything, if you think you need a new alt get it tested when you go pick up the vacuum hose

1 - 4 of 4 Posts