Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Too Soon, Junior!
3,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm having a weird issue with my car. When I turn the car on and start it cold, it fires up for a split second, sputters, and then dies. If I start it a second time, it starts up with no problems whatsoever. I don't have any check engine codes and there are no drivability issues or misfires. Ambient temperature is around 70 to 80 degrees. If I start it with the engine warm, it fires up with no issues as well. I'm definitely giving the fuel pump enough time to prime. Idle is completely normal. This started about a week ago. Any ideas?

Thanks!

·
Registered
100 Posts
idk last time something like that happened to me ignored it and it got worst to wear the car wouldnt stay on for **** .
it turned on to be m idle air control

·
Registered
705 Posts
Mine does it daily and so did a friend of mine... He pulled the engine and checked everything out did a valve job changed fuel pump, filters and everything... When he thought he fixed it the first time he cranked it did it again he laughed I laughed and said I guess it's normal on some cars

·
Too Soon, Junior!
3,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just started the car and it threw the infamous P0340 CEL code. Guess I'll be picking up a new alternator tonight.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts