Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I'm new at this and was looking for some advise. Im looking to swap out my engine for a 5.4L ford engine. I need to know the details on what all I should change out. Also if anyone here has done it maybe how you've liked it and would recommended it. I'm hoping to do it with in the next 2weeks so I would really appriciate the input. Thank you :)

·
Slappin' da Bass
7,835 Posts
It's gonna entail a bunch of swapping my man. Somebody on here can point you in a better direction.

Oh :welcome to the site

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
Get a stang with a 5.0 and make it a 5.4...build it up and there you go

·
Registered
1,421 Posts

·
Registered
806 Posts
why isnt it worth it? i know some people that are happy w/ their swaps and i'm even thinking of doing it myself. that engine is a torque monster :eek:
i believe it is more involved going from a v6 to 5.4L than a 4.6L to 5.4L..I could be wrong but just a guess.

also if your motor is in good shape. a TMA turbo kit for $3500 plus install will prolly see more power than a 5.4L, unless it is built.

·
Banned
12,740 Posts
Its generally not worth it because...

1.) its labor intensive
2.) its pretty expensive once you add up ever single little part you're going to need.

I would just swap a v10 :D

·
Registered
244 Posts
i had thought about an engine swap thinking like "hey! i can just keep my car and just put a v8 in it!" but my feelings were soon crushed not 5 mins after doing some searching on the net. it is an EXTREMELY lengthy process and on most occasions the absolute worst option for a v8. if you want power then keep your car and get a turbo and a cam, or look into a gt or older cobra.

·
Registered
2003 Ford Mustang V6 Convertible
4 Posts
Anyone thought about a 5.0 coyote swap into a new edge v6, ya it's gonna take some money and time, but in the end to me it's seems you will get way more power than a typical 5.4, throw a coyote in upgrade your suspension, drivetrain and fully support your unibody since it's not on a frame. Couple years down the road throw a good set of tt's on it, gonna end up with a stock looking V6 till you drop that throttle to the floor and feel like a Ford GT, nothing like smoking richy rich and his Ferrari or Lamborghini and anything else you wanna line up with, make them all cry cause they got smoke by a "stock" mustang

1 - 11 of 11 Posts