Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what would you do, got t boned and my 2011 totaled, have done the fox bizz multiple times, had a mach, looking for a swap this time. Money doesnt really matter, something along the lines of an lsx 2nd jen rx7. Would go the miata route, but they cant fit a decent sized tire under them (hard top on it only)

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no ford motors, not enough powa. Would be lsx based. DOHC fords are chit besides coyote

·
Admanistrator
13,320 Posts
what would you do, got t boned and my 2011 totaled, have done the fox bizz multiple times, had a mach, looking for a swap this time. Money doesnt really matter, something along the lines of an lsx 2nd jen rx7. Would go the miata route, but they cant fit a decent sized tire under them (hard top on it only)
Your train of thought. Do you follow it?

I feel like I just read a telegraph translated from Morse Code.

What would you do. Stop.
Got t boned. Stop.
2011 totaled. Stop.
Done fox. Stop.
Had a mach. Stop.

:puke

69fastback is going to have an aneurysm when he finds this.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
LSX swapped Datsun 240z. I'm planning on swapping a 5.0 into one in the next year or so.
had a 280zx turbo, will read up on weight.

and no hate on 9.5 deck ford stuff, just dont want to sling the stupidly heavy crank to any rpm.

·
PhD in Procrastinology
4,897 Posts
Also OP, why come to "Modded Mustangs" and tell everyone you don't want a Ford engine in your ride because they don't have enough power?
A 351 base is a good way to go.

·
The Stig
899 Posts
Also OP, why come to "Modded Mustangs" and tell everyone you don't want a Ford engine in your ride because they don't have enough power?
A 351 base is a good way to go.
There's plenty of people on here that no longer have a Mustang. I love the Blue Oval just as much as the next guy on here but the LSx is a better motor for power to weight ratio. It's also easier to fit into most engine bays. I doubt a 351W would fit into a rx7/240z but I could be wrong. Either way for a engine swap build on a car that will probably be used for more than drag racing the LSX is what I'd choose if I didn't have a budget.

1 - 20 of 113 Posts