Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i have this buddy that has i believe a 96-98 v6 motor. He said it came stock with a supercharger and will bolt right up. Its rebuilt and bored 50 over. He said i could get it for 400 bucks without the supercharger and 500 with the supercharger.

My question, would it bolt right in? Thats a single port correct? If it is what do i use to make a it a split port? Heads and lower intake?

·
Priest of the Car Gods
17,313 Posts
'96-'98 Ford V6 that comes stock with a supercharger? I wasn't aware of any such beastie unless the Supercoupe was made in those years (I thought the T-bird SC was earlier than that).

·
Priest of the Car Gods
17,313 Posts
To be perfectly honest, I'm not sure. It was a RWD 3.8L V6 made at the same time, so I'd assume so, however the manual tranny Supercoupes did NOT use the T5 or T45, they used some Mazda piece (that was later used in the F150s I hear).

That would make me suspicious about claims that it will "just bolt up".

·
muneris pro ego
7,475 Posts
the last year of the Supercoupe was 95. the supercoupe engine shares the same block, but many things on and in it are different. there was no for 96-98 v6 that came stock with a supercharger. also the supercoupes changed some things in the 94-95 years so you need to completely verify what year engine it is first.

if the motor is indeed a supercoupe motor, it will drop right in, but dont forget the tune.

·
Banned
12,740 Posts
So i have this buddy that has i believe a 96-98 v6 motor. He said it came stock with a supercharger and will bolt right up. Its rebuilt and bored 50 over. He said i could get it for 400 bucks without the supercharger and 500 with the supercharger.

My question, would it bolt right in? Thats a single port correct? If it is what do i use to make a it a split port? Heads and lower intake?

Bored fifty over is a lot consider those blocks are considered the "weaker" years for blocks. If its a supercoupe block then you will want to take it apart down to the short block and swap over your heads, lower intake, upper intake, front accessories, etc. You also want to make sure the head surface is straight so you don't get head gasket issues.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.