Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to swap my 3.8 with a v-8 any one have any tips for me that would help me through this process i'm a converted chevy to ford man and have no idea how so please HEELP thanks:)

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
for the most part, it's usually easier and cheaper to just sell the 6er and buy a GT...

unless you come across a GREAT deal on a motor

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
sale your 95 buy a 99-04 gt,

·
Registered
393 Posts
Yea, like they said. I'm building another 3.8 cause I looked into the swap and its a pain... you'll probalby convert back to chevy somewhere in the midst of the swap. Just sell the six, buy a GT and know you made the right move :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea i've heard that a lot so I do believe my first mustang must go and move on to a newer gt thanks for the advise-mabey a 05 or 06 is gona be my next purchase

·
Registered
1,488 Posts

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Yea i've heard that a lot so I do believe my first mustang must go and move on to a newer gt thanks for the advise-mabey a 05 or 06 is gona be my next purchase
3-valves are nice... definitely do that over putting a V8 in a 95... unless you put like a 351 in it or something, haha

·
Registered
990 Posts
not to threadjack or anything, but if i was wanting to drop in a 5.4l, would i need the tranny from the 5.4, or could i use a 4.6?

·
Wax on, Wax off
7,738 Posts
We soooo need a sticky that reads:

V6 to V8 Engine Swap; Pros and Cons *READ*

This has got to be the most asked question in this section. Atleast once a week, if not more.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wow good article- thanks Italistang that was all I needed to see I went and looked at a silver with white stripes GT 2006 and I think i'm gona just purchase it and start the hp upgrade on it.Thanks again

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
We soooo need a sticky that reads:

V6 to V8 Engine Swap; Pros and Cons *READ*

This has got to be the most asked question in this section. Atleast once a week, if not more.
Pros:
You have a V8
You have V6 insurance

Cons:
Shitloads of work
You're now just the same as any stock V8 out there
You're still slow

:D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts