Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Official Thread Killer
10,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm actually pretty new to the forums (just a bit of ghosting around) and my only major mod so far is a true dual exhaust with MagnaFlo's and no tips :/ (haven't found some amazing weld on tips yet -looking for black tips-)

Anyway, the main reason I started this thread is to see if anyone here has gone through a Ford dealership for an engine swap and can share a general labor/parts cost.

I know almost nothing about mechanical work, but my interior and upholstery is all my own craft. Hopefully I can get some uploads flowing soon.

-edit-
The engine I'm looking at is a direct replacement for the '11 5.0's
Ford Racing Performance Parts

·
Premium Member
960 Posts
Hi, I'm actually pretty new to the forums (just a bit of ghosting around) and my only major mod so far is a true dual exhaust with MagnaFlo's and no tips :/ (haven't found some amazing weld on tips yet -looking for black tips-)

Anyway, the main reason I started this thread is to see if anyone here has gone through a Ford dealership for an engine swap and can share a general labor/parts cost.

I know almost nothing about mechanical work, but my interior and upholstery is all my own craft. Hopefully I can get some uploads flowing soon.

-edit-
Here you go mate,
Ford Racing Coyote 5.0 4V 412HP Crate Engine (11-12 GT) at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!
A good bit cheaper then what ford is asking for the crate motor. Now as far as labor cost, couldnt tell you. Good luck either way it goes.

:welcome to MM

·
Registered
584 Posts
Hmm didn't know AM carried the 5.0 crate. That's a good price too

I'd say avoid the dealer at all costs unless you like giving money away. And as far as the engine swap, most people will tell you it's easier and cheaper with less headache to trade for a GT. That's a decision you have to make

·
Premium Member
960 Posts
^^ I only knew because im constantly looking at the "new products" page for the 2011+ and saw when it was added.

·
Official Thread Killer
10,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmm didn't know AM carried the 5.0 crate. That's a good price too

I'd say avoid the dealer at all costs unless you like giving money away. And as far as the engine swap, most people will tell you it's easier and cheaper with less headache to trade for a GT. That's a decision you have to make
True it would be easier to trade for a GT, but that isn't what I want. :p

mainly for three reasons;

1) 05-09' GT's don't have a 5.0 option anyway
2) I detest the 10-12' body style
3) I want something that people will say "Why?" just so I can come back with "Because I frikken can!"

:sidenote: I am going to attempt at making my 06' into a show car and i think the 5.0 inside will make it one of the more unique 06s in the lot.

·
Registered
3,702 Posts

-edit-

Custom work isn't exactly ford dealers specialty unless it is a ford racing botl on part. Bringing it to a shop that customizes in mustangs or custom work will be cheaper and may be your only choice if you aren't good mechanically. You'll need a lot of parts though. Engine mounts, fuel, exhaust, possible transmission or at least some parts to get the 5.0 to bolt to yours, etc... Not to mention you should really get a 8.8 rear end. If you get it done though, post some pics!

·
Registered
222 Posts
If you're not 100% set on a 5.0, you could always swap in a 3v 5.4 triton. Look up Kuro's swap. He got featured on AmericanMuscle for it. Other people have done it too on MustangCollective, S197Forum, etc. It's MUCH cheaper to get one of those engines. Plus, it would still be pretty unique!

·
Official Thread Killer
10,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Custom work isn't exactly ford dealers specialty unless it is a ford racing botl on part. Bringing it to a shop that customizes in mustangs or custom work will be cheaper and may be your only choice if you aren't good mechanically. You'll need a lot of parts though. Engine mounts, fuel, exhaust, possible transmission or at least some parts to get the 5.0 to bolt to yours, etc... Not to mention you should really get a 8.8 rear end. If you get it done though, post some pics!
of course! you think I would leave you guys hanging?

I'll try to make a thread with some of my interior work. I forgot to take pictures during the demo and prep stages so it would only be "after" pictures. :/ and me telling you how I did it... hopefully people will like my mods :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts