Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,

I have a few questions. I have a chance to pick up a 2003 Mustang GT motor with Low miles on it. I have a V6 right now that im thinking to put the M112 swap on (finally get all the parts and this comes up :)) just wondering what i would need to make this complete in my car.

It comes with the Complete Engine, PCM/Computer, Wiring Harness, and LT's and O2 entenders. Just wondering what else i would need to make this work? and is it going to be even worth my time?

Sorry if this doesnt belong here! And please move it!

Thanks!
Preston

·
¡ʇsnq ɹo uʍop ǝpısdn
12,571 Posts
since you already have all the m112 parts just finish that up... just sayin

·
¡ʇsnq ɹo uʍop ǝpısdn
12,571 Posts
then you have to sell all your V6 parts, the m112 the upper adapter all that stuff that you already have to buy the engine and install it and that kinda stuff... doing that swap might get you 50 more horse power then what you have right now ya know? but your right you do have more potential... you will have to look for a lot more parts but it might be worth it... I do know of some people with the M112 that are running almost 300 horse power on the stock engine

·
Registered
587 Posts
I agree...I'd just stay with the six and make it beat the gt, lol. It would be too much work for a swap

And this is my 151st bitches! lol

·
Registered
218 Posts
I would say stick with the six. For all the time, money, and PITA it would take to swap out your engine, you could have the m112 on your six, plus a couple other things done by the time you would be done with engine swap.

m112 V6 > nearly stock Gt... IMO

·
Editor
297 Posts
id say to keep the six...i've seen this a billion times on here. just keep the 6 its not worth the trouble to swap the engine when the six that has the potential to be faster than the gt

post 165 woot woot lol

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
I say if you have the time and the know how, I would do the swap, if your doing the work yourself and have an extra vehicle to drive. It would be worth it in the end.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
id say to keep the six...i've seen this a billion times on here. just keep the 6 its not worth the trouble to swap the engine when the six that has the potential to be faster than the gt

post 165 woot woot lol
And the GT has potential to be a WHOLE lot faster than the six. You can look at that from both sides.

·
Registered
549 Posts
I say if you have the time and the know how, I would do the swap, if your doing the work yourself and have an extra vehicle to drive. It would be worth it in the end.
the only problem is that he already has all the parts to put the m112 on the v6. swapping to th v8 would leave him with a pile of parts to sell and a whole new list of parts to put the m112 on the v8.

IMO i would build the 6 but keep the 8 as a backup in case you blow the 6 to little pieces. depending on how much it cost of course. spending a couple grand on an engine thats going to sit around is just silly.

p.s. 215 posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
the only problem is that he already has all the parts to put the m112 on the v6. swapping to th v8 would leave him with a pile of parts to sell and a whole new list of parts to put the m112 on the v8.

IMO i would build the 6 but keep the 8 as a backup in case you blow the 6 to little pieces. depending on how much it cost of course. spending a couple grand on an engine thats going to sit around is just silly.

p.s. 215 posts
I dont have the M112 parts on the Mustang as of yet . . . plans for starting to do it this weekend but now i have to work :( . . . i think im going to stick with keeping the 6er, anyways if i blow this engine somehow. i have another 3.8 in the garage to drop in my car :D

Thanks for the Input Everyone!
-Preston

·
Registered
870 Posts
My friends have done the V6 to 00 factory cobra motors( ford sold a factory cobra motor with all the stuff required for the swap) and its not that hard. As far as the eaton swap goes im not trying to be an asshole but what kinda numbers are you looking @? Throw some bolt ons the gt motor and im sure youll make just as much if not more.

·
Banned
15,799 Posts
My friends have done the V6 to 00 factory cobra motors( ford sold a factory cobra motor with all the stuff required for the swap) and its not that hard. As far as the eaton swap goes im not trying to be an asshole but what kinda numbers are you looking @? Throw some bolt ons the gt motor and im sure youll make just as much if not more.
no bolt ons will be under 300rwhp on a GT as the m112 will pwn that

and wow ford sells a kit from V6
to cobra
and it'll come with

motor
wiring harness
computer
cluster
radiator
bellhousing
clutch
tranny
rear end
suspension
brakes
radiator hoses
misc vacuum hoses
extended wires
exhaust manifold and full exhaust
accumlator
new a/c lines
new power sterring lines

WOW i had no idea?! and your friends have done a few and all the kits came with ALL that which is all the needed parts and possibly missing a few.
hmmm must be a CHEAP kit for like $20+k

im calling BS on that
Ford does NOT sell a full kit like that
and if they did no one in they're right mind would pay that much for it

·
¡ʇsnq ɹo uʍop ǝpısdn
12,571 Posts
As far as the eaton swap goes im not trying to be an asshole but what kinda numbers are you looking @? Throw some bolt ons the gt motor and im sure youll make just as much if not more.
300 range... takes a few thousand in bolt ons for the 4.6 to see 300 wheel horse power...

1 - 20 of 45 Posts