Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a print out of all the internal torque specs and cannot find it or find the website I got it from.. Now I cannot find the torque specs I need for my 302 ho motor. Does anyone have a link for the torque specs for the crank and rods?

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
I hope you plan on micing every thing before you just slap it togeather. Go to the project section and look at mike from kentuckys build thread and youll see the things youll need to check

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They are all arp bolts sorry should've specified. Thanks again for all the info. I've got to wait for some rings one bent while installing them...

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
mr. chokebot
749 Posts
OK, ARP bolts are a very different story.

Were the rods reconditioned when the ARP bolts were installed? The ARP bolts probably go to about 30-35 ft.lbs. When ARP bolts are used, the rod caps (or the rods themselves) get cut, then re-honed out to the OEM size with the ARP hardware torqued to the spec they provide. The torque spec depends on which rod bolt kit you got.

Same goes with the mains. The mains are 1/2", and ARP calls for 80 ft.lbs. Pretty close to factory, but enough where it can send the main housing bore out of round. That's bad, we don't want that. At a minimum, the main caps should be torqued to the provided specs (80ft.lbs) and checked for roundness. Some blocks are unaffected by the studs, some are.

Of course, if this all had already been done, then ignore what I said.

VERY helpful site if you know the kit number: ARPinstructions.com | Kit Instructions and Torque Values

1 - 7 of 7 Posts