Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have a 2002 Mustang G.T. (manual) It currently has a JLT Intake, and a DiabloSport Tune.
Well the problem I'm having is that; it's having problem turning on, but it doesn't do it all the time, only once in a while, and when I'm parked in a incline position with the front of the car a little bit up. (Twice I parked like that, and twice it did it)
All the electrical stuff on the car turns on, (headlights, radio, etc.) so it can’t be the battery or the alternator. Could it be my starter? What do you think? Thanks in advance.

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
need more info on the car. last tune up, when exactly it start, it crank but doesnt start, etc.

·
Registered
4,406 Posts
Do you crank it over as soon as you turn the key? Try letting the fuel system prime a bit for a few seconds. Then crank it over. Or what has never failed me is letting it prime, turn key off and do it again then crank (second time is like only a second).

I have the PPRV (or whatever that is) deleted so i have to do it, but it might help you too. Maybe fuel filter needs to be changed.

·
Registered
156 Posts
/agree with 2kstang...need some more info, if the car cranks and doesnt start its probably not the starter and it may be something with the fuel system like the filter or pump but need more info about the problem.

·
Bearer of Bad News
2,478 Posts
Mine did the same thing last year. The power cable going to the starter was loose. I got a zip tie around it to hold it in place and it's worked fine since.

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
When you turn the key, if you hear a clank underneath it's your starter. My guess, is that there is either a loose ground or one of the live wires on the starter is loose.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts