Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is there any difference between automatic engine and a manual that i would have to swap from engine to make it right?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well that didnt help im putting a engine from a automatic car into my manual car im just trying to find out if theres difference between injectors or the throttle body thats going to make a difference dont really want to buy new stuff since my old motor is going off to the shop to be line bored decked and stroked out

·
I'm doing it wrong
5,495 Posts
The simple answer is no. You will be fine dropping in an engine from an automatic into a manual. As long as your not switching ecu's too. If it's just the motor itself you have no problem.

·
Registered
730 Posts
well that didnt help im putting a engine from a automatic car into my manual car im just trying to find out if theres difference between injectors or the throttle body thats going to make a difference dont really want to buy new stuff since my old motor is going off to the shop to be line bored decked and stroked out

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The simple answer is no. You will be fine dropping in an engine from an automatic into a manual. As long as your not switching ecu's too. If it's just the motor itself you have no problem.
Ok say my car is a factory auto car and still has the original security is there a way to flash it and turn auto off and switch it to manual or do I have to switch it out for the manual one

·
I'm doing it wrong
5,495 Posts
Ok say my car is a factory auto car and still has the original security is there a way to flash it and turn auto off and switch it to manual or do I have to switch it out for the manual one
Idk, just put in a ecu from a m/t car? Or since you already have an auto tranny and computer in the car why don't you just keep it auto and just drop an engine in it?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Idk, just put in a ecu from a m/t car? Or since you already have an auto tranny and computer in the car why don't you just keep it auto and just drop an engine in it?
I would but id rather have it a clutch car I already did all the work of hanging the pedals I think I still have the security from the manual just thought it would be easier if it can be flashed

·
I'm doing it wrong
5,495 Posts
I am guessing it could in a way. But it would be a pain to do and couldn't be done by a tuner. Just swap the ECU from the car the m/t came from.

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
doesnt matter if the car is stroked that only affects the crank shaft still the same block...just like if you were to take an 4.2l egnine from an auto f150..

4.2 is a stoked 3.8 aka same engine block

hope tht helps

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok so if the 4.2 is a stroked 3.8 why don't everyone just buy one of them instead of building or buying a high priced stroker off the internet. And why do they say to use that crank to build a striker out of a 3.8 when ur going to end up with the same thing in the end?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Someone told me I could use a 4.0 crank any truth behind this since I have access to one instead of going to a junkyard to get one from a 4.2

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
A lot of people (and many of the "kits" out there) DO use a 4.2L crank to increase the stroke.
thank you

@ op techically speaking its "easier" to find a wrecked f150 with the 4.2 and just drop it in your stang cuz if im looking at this correctly

sence its the same block

no transmission issues aslong as ecu is there (hence the donor car)

no engine mount differences or i should say uses the same mounts

no suspension work needed...i think

and keep in mind that the upper intake from the 4.2 is a little bigger amd will not clear the stock hood but cmon who doesnt want a 202hp/250ish tq 4.2 sixer i know i do the 4.2 s/c and cammed is the nxt best think to a 4.6l v8 imo

1 - 16 of 16 Posts