Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
322 with a 90 shot through an automatic

im asking because there is a 01 cobra near me for 5 grand that has a engine knock

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
if i was near you i'd pick it up. lol. just a short block pretty much and a short block out of any 4.6 will work in there. altho the '01 does have a better crank/block than a gt.

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
If you can, buy it and buy a shortblock for it. Or rebuild it yourself for whatever your plans are, boost, nitrous, NA

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
doesn't look bad at all. there's also a possability that the knock he's hearing are actually just worn chain guides which are an easy fix.

·
MM elder
9,751 Posts
doesn't look bad at all. there's also a possability that the knock he's hearing are actually just worn chain guides which are an easy fix.
+1^ the knock could be anything without seeing/wearing the car in person. I'd say go take a look if your intrested, it looks ok (aside from being too low in the front, but thats easy enough to fix) & even if it needs a motor, it's not the end of the world if the car is priced right.

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
hope he didnt care that i post the link. I guess its possible he could take it as putting it out there for someone to steal it from him. But I looked it up just to see bout it and figured everyone else might could chime in more.

·
Registered
7,991 Posts
**** just clean the crank up and slap new bearings in it if it is a knock. How many miles are on it? if its like 120k plus good chance its the guides as stated earlier and its a cheap and easy fix in a day

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
hope he didnt care that i post the link. I guess its possible he could take it as putting it out there for someone to steal it from him. But I looked it up just to see bout it and figured everyone else might could chime in more.
nah dont care cars always come around good or bad prices

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
**** just clean the crank up and slap new bearings in it if it is a knock. How many miles are on it? if its like 120k plus good chance its the guides as stated earlier and its a cheap and easy fix in a day
the one he posted the link to has 76

the one im talking about has 118k

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
couldnt find the other one. :dunno

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
well with 118k it could very well be chain guides. go take a look at it and if you cant figure it out record a video and post it up.

·
Registered
7,991 Posts
put your hand on the cover or what you can get to, or get near it. A knock you can usually feel in the engine, the guides are just noisy

1 - 20 of 24 Posts