Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am look to get a set of Enkei PF01 wheels for my 88 hatchback.
I cant decide if i want to get black or sliver. Im have a set of front brembo breaks off a gt-500 I will be installing soon. Along with the vintage venom converson kit to fit them. . I am looking to gt 18x9.5 with a 45 offset for the front. For the rear i am goint to get 18x10.5 with 35 offset.I will be rolling my fenders to fit the wheels. Just wondering what you guys think. Do to lack of posts i cant post link or pics.

·
Registered
650 Posts
1)upload them in photobucket
2)copy the image code in photobucket
3)paste image code here

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
I have not heard of many people using 9.5's in the front. Just eyeballing it, I think the offset to keep them off the A arms would cause them to hit the fender, not just the inner lip either. The stock suspension on a fox does not have much free space there. Is your 5 bolt front conversion just different rotors or a 94/95 spindle swap? The rotor only swap method leaves behind a large bearing cap that does not fit many 5 bolt rims which is what your picture looks like and probably why you have those rims now and why they don't have center caps ;) The spindle swap conversion to 5 bolt doesn't have that large center cap but it moves the wheel out from the stock position. You may already know that stuff but if not, keep that in mind when comparing with what others have so you are comparing apples to apples.

You asked for opinions so...
I like + sizing to a degree but I'm not a fan of some 17 and 18+ rims on a fox. Just doesn't look right to me.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I forgot i aslo plan on getting these tires 315/35/18 Falken Azenis RT615 Tires out the back and RT-615 255/45R18 on the front

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
And that assumes 94+ Mustang unless I read something wrong. That was my point about your cars 5 bolt conversion method. Unless you have 94/95 spindles already on your car which it looks like you don't, that conversion will not physically fit, even if you do, there is still no guarantee because the fenders are shaped differently.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
well the cars had 94/95 spindles when that pic was taken, now it has 99-04 ones which the center cap fits.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i aslo have race crafts 1979-2004 Mustang Front Race Suspension Kit
Their k member,a arms, struts,Caster/Camber Plates and their bumpstear kit. I talked them about get the shorter a arms but they told me to stick with the stock leangh ones

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
So the actual question is the color choice of the rims? With a dark gray car, I'd go with the silver rims. Post some pics through the process..

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ya i think i gona go with the sliver ones. Well there is not many wheel choices with the gt 500 breaks that i could get in 10.5 in the rear. I hate the look of the gt 500 wheels on a fox. And the choices are limited. And i dont think any ones has these on a fox.

·
Banned
3,385 Posts
9.5" rim on a lowered fox is gonna be a tough task.. but if pulled off those wheel would probably look pretty sweet on that car.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts