Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am going to buy something for performance next. so what should i get?
Mac prochamber?
or
3.73 gears?
or is there something better i can get for under 500 bucks. mods are in my garage

·
Administrator
83,767 Posts
Personally I love the ever loving feces out of my 4.10's.

Gears are without a doubt the best bang for your buck.

Dost thou haveth a tuner?

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes i do have a tuner. do 4.10s give you a noticable drop in gas milage? i drive 25 miles to work and back 5 days a week doing about 75 80 most of the time and i can't afford to pay much more for gas so i figured 3.73s would be a happy medium

·
Administrator
83,767 Posts
I drive 99% highway, 250 miles one way twice a week. I put the cruise control on at 75 mph, and I average 22-25 mpg depending on how heavy my foot is, headwinds, etc.

On the occasions that I take the back roads home, and am then keeping it under 60 mph, I can easily average 27-28 mpg.

So there was not much of a difference from my 3.55's.

Maybe 1 mpg.

There certainly wouldn't be any mpg savings from going with 3.73's over a 4.10.

Plus the perennial smile on your face will have you rolling in pus- will make you attractive to members of the opposite sex.

were you interested in that, I mean :shiftyeyes

·
Born to be Wild
3,179 Posts
gears ftw!!

screw the gas mileage, if U were worried about that U wouldnt have bought a V8 ...:)

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
:lol thanks. right now i got 3.31s so im getting damn good gas milage. i planning on going forced induction too so i'm thinking 3.73s would be a good combo with a supercharger. plus 3.31s to 3.73 is also a good boost.

·
Born to be Wild
3,179 Posts
forced induction in the future, and U R worried about gas mileage :lmao

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
forced induction in the future, and U R worried about gas mileage :lmao
well hopefully by then i will have another vehicle as a daily driver. right now im 19. going to school. and working full time. so i try to save at least a little money for mods, movies, going out with the gf ect. i don't want to be spending 100 dollars on gas right now. in the future it won't matter as long as i get the job im going for. but for now i need to choose the best for my situation

·
Administrator
83,767 Posts
I hear you on the fuel mileage AMmuslixGT.

I'm 40, and I still care about it.... to a certain extent. I take a lot of **** for that whenever I mention it, but guess what. I don't have the scratch to have a separate DD and make this a weekend warrior. Not even close. So while I like making it faster, until it's paid off, I need it to be reasonable.

Not that I expect it to get 40 mpg... but I need it to hit the mid 20's for me to be able to drive it consistently back and forth 500 miles a week, every week, when gas up here is still 4 bucks a gallon.

It's not 1972 anymore. I want my fast car, AND yeah, I am going to give a **** about fuel mileage.

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I hear you on the fuel mileage AMmuslixGT.

I'm 40, and I still care about it.... to a certain extent. I take a lot of **** for that whenever I mention it, but guess what. I don't have the scratch to have a separate DD and make this a weekend warrior. Not even close. So while I like making it faster, until it's paid off, I need it to be reasonable.

Not that I expect it to get 40 mpg... but I need it to hit the mid 20's for me to be able to drive it consistently back and forth 500 miles a week, every week, when gas up here is still 4 bucks a gallon.

It's not 1972 anymore. I want my fast car, AND yeah, I am going to give a **** about fuel mileage.
:rockon

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
if you can keep it around 75-80 on the highway 4.10s aren't bad at all compared to your 3.31s or 3.55s, UNLESS, you are driving faster than that. That's where i noticed the biggest drop off, is when hauling ass around 85-90+ mileage really suffers, and that is where i miss my 3.55s. Other than that 4.10s ftw all the way all day.

·
Born to be Wild
3,179 Posts
well then, U have a dam nice ride 4 a 19yr old,feel GOod about that.... GOod luck with the rest of school and I do hope U get the job U R looking 4

Opening that exhaust to let her breathe better should give ya better gas mileage also ;)

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
I lost about 1.5 MPG when I switched to 4.10's. About 20 miles a tank. that aint so bad and well worth it. it will feel like a whole other car.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts