Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys... anyone know of a clean looking MP3/CD stereo i can put in the cobra? I want it to look like it belongs in there... not some flashy chrome crap that says "made in china" all over it.

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
what year is your car again? If you have an 94-00 then you can go with a single din. If you have an 01-04 you can go with a double din. There are many out there that look good just have to pick which brand you want to go with, features, etc.

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts
Pioneer Double Din Touchscreen

/thread.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
had a double din touch in my monte carlo... honestly, I dont care to spend the 600+ on a radio. Id rather spend it else where on the car... I bought it with a crappy alpine deck that looks like it went through vietnam. as long as it looks decent in the car, can play MP3 Cd's and some how be able to hook up to my ipod, I'm set. I have a seperate Navigation unit, so thats not a problem either.

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts
You don't need to spend that. You can get the 4100 brand new off eBay for like $450; and the 3100 for even cheaper than that. Just don't shop at Crutchfield, BestBuy, etc. as they'll kill you w/ outrageous prices.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yea, I remember best buy being a TOTAL rip off. I just remember spending too much on sound equipment when I had my monte carlo, and dont want to get back in that mood. First it was subs, then door and rear speakers, then a new head unit, then a touch screen... that crap adds up. Plus, security in these stangs are crap... Im not as vulnerable as you verts but it takes about 10 seconds for someone to pull the window back and use a poker stick to hit unlock on these cars.

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
yeah definetly shop around before you commit to buying one. you can always go into best buy just to scope out the new products and then take the model # that you like and search for it on the web.

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts
yeah definetly shop around before you commit to buying one. you can always go into best buy just to scope out the new products and then take the model # that you like and search for it on the web.
:lol that's what I do. And they go "can I help you find something" and I respond with "no, but thanks. I'm just toying with it here before I buy it online for somewhere way cheaper".

:D

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ahhh, the joys of smart shopping. :yes

never really liked my clarion dvd player... had the "ooh I want that" when i bought it. the ipod interface was HORRIBLE. whats some other decent into touch screens?

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts
:D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts