Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright so my idle has been a bit jumpy lately, and as of today my total fixes have been:
K&N air filter
Autolite Copper Plugs
MSD 8.5mm spark plug wires
Cleaned IAC
Cleaned MAF
Put in new hard vacuum lines

I just did the spark plugs and wires today, and when i first started it up it ran good, and it had a constant idle at 900 rpms, right in the sweet spot. Well i drove back up to college today to my apartment, about 25 miles, and when i pull into my driveway and listen to my idle, it constantly is jumping up and down from about 650 rpms to 800 rpms. All it does is constantly jump up and down, so i checked all of connections and they all felt to be snug, so im at a loss guys as to wat could be wrong with it. Iv been wanting to change the O2 sensors, but i figured that wouldnt change the idle since its only an emmissions thing (thats all i know that they do and that they shouldnt affect the idle)

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, as my only assumption i can realy think of off of the top of my head is a vacuum leak somewhere or something like that. Iv been meaning to get my alternator tested as well, because i think mine might be going, but would that affect the idle? i kinda assume it might since it powers the spark plugs.

Thanks for any suggestions and sorry for the long ass post lol

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok so cleaning use carb cleaner for the part that goes to the throttle body then? also could a cracked gasket maybe be the cause of this? i think i might have cracked my iac gasket after i was done cleaning it but i couldnt tell because it would have cracked when i was putting it back on lol i know stupid but maybe

1 - 9 of 9 Posts