Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

So... considering these for my ESP stang was just wondering if anyone else has heard or interpreted the rules for this not to be legal. I know on double wishbone cars they are allowed to change one, but not both control arms. These arms use poly bushings and would be mounting to a stock K member.

·
At the Apex pulling 1.28g
6,578 Posts

So... considering these for my ESP stang was just wondering if anyone else has heard or interpreted the rules for this not to be legal. I know on double wishbone cars they are allowed to change one, but not both control arms. These arms use poly bushings and would be mounting to a stock K member.
IIRC they are legal...

... if you want to get rid of your camber plates...

See 15.8.H.2:
2. On arm-and-strut (MacPherson/Chapman) suspensions, the lower
arms may be modified/replaced OR other methods of camber adjustment
as allowed by paragraphs 15.8.C, F, or G may be used,
but not both.
15.8.C is the Bushing rule
15.8.F is the camber plate rule
15.8.G is the camber bolt rule

You can do 15.8.F and 15.8.G but you can't combine either of those with 15.8.H.2. So yeah, go ahead and use them, but take off those camber plates! :spank

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well that's a no go, because I like the easy adjustments of the camber plates and plan on running over 3 Degree Negative to save hoosiers. Oh well I guess I wont save another 32lbs off the nose of the car, will just have to get some poly bushings shoved into the old ones.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts