Registered
2,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ET Street - 28 x11.5 or Hoosier Drag Radials - 275/60's

Which would you choose?

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Neither. I would go for the bias ply over a DR any day with a stick car but around here Hoosier QTP's work better on our hot greasy tracks.

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I would bet it gets a lot hotter here in SouthEast NC than in Indiana, so if they work better on hot greasy tracks, that may be something I want to look into.

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Well, I would bet it gets a lot hotter here in SouthEast NC than in Indiana, so if they work better on hot greasy tracks, that may be something I want to look into.
I would check with some of your local racers. But around here the Hoosiers rule. The Hoosiers also hold air way better than the M/T's.

·
Registered
11,469 Posts
hooser drag slicks all the way. i made 4 passes tubless with out having to add air.

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
hooser drag slicks all the way. i made 4 passes tubless with out having to add air.
Pretty much the same tire as the QTP. If you need a DOT legal tire the QTP's are hard to beat.

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
Bias ply FTW, unless you race in a class that requires a radial tire.

Another vote for QTPs here. Have them and love them. They have sat in my garage for like 6 months and haven't leaked anything out. Aside from holding air 10x better than ET Streets, they also are a bit stickier and have a wider contact patch.

·
Registered
697 Posts
28x11.5x15 ET streets are bias ply DOT tires. He didn't say ET street radials.

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah, I didn't really offer enough explanation in my first post, I guess.

I ran the Hoosier Drag Radials last year and loved them, and it's time to get another set for the track. So I was wondering if I should continue to run the Hoosiers, or was there a benefit to running a bias ply type tire. I do have to run a street tire, but it doesn't have to be a radial. Sorry if that wasn't clear.

From talking to you guys and a few other people "in the know", it seems that the QTP's would be a better choice for me car overall.

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Yeah, I didn't really offer enough explanation in my first post, I guess.

I ran the Hoosier Drag Radials last year and loved them, and it's time to get another set for the track. So I was wondering if I should continue to run the Hoosiers, or was there a benefit to running a bias ply type tire. I do have to run a street tire, but it doesn't have to be a radial. Sorry if that wasn't clear.

From talking to you guys and a few other people "in the know", it seems that the QTP's would be a better choice for me car overall.
I ran a DR for a couple of years. Although I could cut some decent 60's with them they were very track dependent. I learned a bias ply is much better for a stick car. The QTP's will always 60 decent to awesome depending on track conditions.

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
I ran a DR for a couple of years. Although I could cut some decent 60's with them they were very track dependent. I learned a bias ply is much better for a stick car. The QTP's will always 60 decent to awesome depending on track conditions.
^this

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
I ran Hoosier QTP's and will never look back. Best slick I have ever used. Im sold for life

·
Registered
697 Posts
Bias ply tires will be much more forgiving also. Especially on a stick car. They don't "fight back" as much as radial tires. Which will be easier on drivline components. I was able to cut 1.57 short times on small 26x10.5 (only 8 inches wide) ET streets. Still have stock diff too.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Yea, slicks will absorb more drivetrain shock than radials will, which is why cobra guys with IRS's love them. Takes the shock away from the halfshafts.

Hoosier QTP's get my vote.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts