Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys whats up I TOOK MY CAR TO THE SHOP AND THEY TOLD ME i had a missing EVAP canister. i have had the car for a little over a year and the canister has never been there could anyone help me out with why the code never came on before. also would a junk yard be a good replacement for that?

any advice is appreciated Thanks

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
sounds strange. ur evap canister is up in your wheel well on the passenger side
just remove the plastic liner inside. a junk yard should be able to get u one at a reasonable price thats where i got mine.

·
Rollin' 18/ pushin' 2
8,333 Posts
I would visually inspect that and make sure it's missing. If it were never there you should have had the code when you bought it. I have been through the evap codes on all three of my sn-95s. One was the canister, the other two were the sensor.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea the Canister is gone and the just replaced the solenoid, i never noticed the canister. I put my Cold Air Intake on when i got the car and i never saw it so i think im gonna junk yard search lol

·
Rollin' 18/ pushin' 2
8,333 Posts
i don't think i've ever seen one of these evap canisters..

Yeah, you have to pull the wheel liner out on the passenger side to get a good look at it, or remove the fender. If you follow the vacuum line from the back of your upper plenum you will see where the lines go down into the fender well from the engine bay.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea you wouldnt be able to see it on floor jacks not without some serious looking but i was shocked to see the code show up after a year lol

·
Registered
288 Posts
What code came up? I just got a P1443 code and it says EVAP system or auxillary emission control. Is that the same thing that your got?
I believe that code is actually the purge solenoid.

·
Registered
992 Posts
the code is for the purge flow solenoid, someone had probably removed the canister and bypasses it, the solenoid is your culprit

·
Registered
205 Posts
i got the code p1443 also. car still runs great, so i will just let it go for now.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts