Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A while back i bought a 2000 GT from someone and he was a bit of an idiot. One of the stupid things he did was delete the Evap system. I dont mean he pulled out the canister and bypassed it or something... he litereally went through and cut/removed every last component of it. There is no hoses, components, nothing except a couple plugs left tied up. The issue im of course having is refueling the damn thing. I been suffereing through it taking 12 minutes to fill the tank but im in canada, and its cold outside and im sick of it.

There is a hose that comes out of the passenger side of the fuel tank that he has capped off. If i vent this hose im sure i can then fill the damn thing properly but im not sure how the evap was tied into the car. My first thought was a 2 way fuel valve for vehicles that have two tanks. When i shut the car off it switches to open by default and lets me refuel, but then it will be open all the time and wasting or making fuel stale in the summer as the fumes just constantly escape. Then i thought, maybe the way it is now, when im driving it, its putting a vaccum on the tank as fuel is used and causing me issues... so do i need to vent it all the time... Or do i set it up so the valve is default closed so it doesnt vent when parked and when i fuel up i leave the key on so the valve stays open and allows it to equalize pressure while driving and lets me refuel...

The only other option i have is to wait till a v8 99-04 car ends up in a pick and pull (which hasnt happened in over a year yet up here) and try to pull the entire evap system out and put it back into my car. What opinions/expertise do you guys have for this?

·
Registered
4,557 Posts
Post this on Sn95Forums, I bet someone over there could help you out or even get the parts for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts