I'm more counting on the fat profit from the Grand Marquis to fund all the fun stuff.Just put it in the marque
There you go, resolves it's self.
Flat black it and call it the grand marque de sade.
Plus people have done lots with Marauders, Crown Vics, and Foxes. Something unsuspecting like a Town Car, Fairmont or Capri is much more fun.
Eh, bit pricier than I'd like and I'd definitely prefer something a little more elusive.I have a 2002 Crown Vic with 34,400 miles on it for sale here in the classifieds. My grandma's car from Texas, had 15,000 miles it's first 9 years, 19,000 by me in the last 3. Has a set of the 17" Crown Victoria Sport wheels with no road rash and 75% tread left, along with a set of the stock wheels with great snow tires, also with 75% tread left (each set gets about 3,000 miles a year with me). Full leather interior, auto air, auto dimming mirror, Panasonic Bluetooth head unit, Kenwood 3 way speakers in all four corners, no rips, tears, or cracks. Asking $5000, but I'm negotiable. Would give you an extra PI headed engine to play with. I also have a cat back dual exhaust that goes with the car.
If you're building a regular old modular, I would actually say it's easier than an old pushrod. Intake manifold and valvetrain is actually easier. Timing chain is the same as an old pushrod, but longer and twice.Pushrod engines are really easy to build. I didn't even use a guide when I built the one for my 67. I just had a general idea of what to do and where stuff went.
I've considered building a modular, but haven't gotten the courage to try it yet.
If I was building a run of the mill modular, I could do this **** in my sleep.
When it's a couple grand worth of fancy forged parts, and you're planning on throwing tons of boost at it, you sweat a lot more. As someone else mentioned in another modular build thread; no beer in the garage while putting it together. Yeah. It's that serious. On top of that I'm being extremely careful. Absolutely everything is being cleaned, inspected, and double checked. I refer to the manuals constantly. I'm even keeping a log of what is done and when. No room for error.
That said, biggest problem I ran into today is I do not have a 12 point 10mm socket. :computer:
But all the bearings are in, lubed up (nitrile gloves are a godsend for this kind of crap), studs lubed, caps seated, nuts on and fully engaged. Just need the right socket.
Then I get the joy of checking endplay once it's all secured.
More pictures to come once I'm through the torque sequence.