Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
5,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not complaining. Nope, never complain about my life or what's in it. It is the way I set it up to be. I wake up, take my shower, walk to the bus stop, take my bus (filled with my colorful co-workers), work for 12 hours, take the bus home, listen to my language tapes, study my lessons, and go to sleep so I can repeat the whole thing tomorrow.

It's not hard, yet at the same time, it's not easy, either. Working isn't hard, I mean, not working is boring as hell. But, in all honesty, I think it's the people that get me coming back to work everyday. The personalities you meet while at work, the ones you get to know, whether by griping about the same co-worker or sharing some tobacco at lunch, are all very much fun to be around. It's like being back in school sometimes, except most of your classmates are old, stupid, hard drug-users, and/or lazy ****s (like yours truly).

Take, for instance, my friend Rachel. I first met Rachel when I accidentally thought she was a friend of mine from school. Truly the best thing I could have ever done at work. She's a nut. Seriously. She could easily spend an hour or two regaling me of her stories from when she was high at the county fair, or tripping on shrooms in school and how she ended up throwing toilet paper all over the principle's car when she got suspended one time. Plus she's easy to pick on, which makes time fly by.

And time does NOT fly by when you work 12 hours. Just ask Mr. Heroin addict. I swear the dude's on heroin. You should see the look on his face when he gets his check.. you'd swear he just had a baby or found out he didn't have AIDS after recovering from a serious cold. I've never seen a more tortured person in my life.. poor soul just works paycheck to paycheck. Good thing we get paid weekly, 'cause I really don't think a biweekly check would last very long in his capable hands. Blowing off a good $600 paycheck in 3 days isn't all that hard when you have the itch. Then you're ****ed for 2 weeks.

Of course, some people, like Tye-dye Dan, don't give a **** at all about work. Dude only comes like 2 weeks a month. He gets his paycheck and bounces. You don't see his ass until his bag of weed runs out.. then he's back at work, pissy attitude and all. And the attitude is no no doubt a result of the withdrawals from his favorite green substance. I tried to explain to him one time that your body gets like that when it goes through withdrawals.. yeah ok. It's like talking to a hamster or something. Dude swears he's smarter than me.. Makes me wanna drop-kick the **** out of his face. I explained to him the dangers of smoking from aluminum and plastic, and how weed makes you skinny. He just tells me I'm stupid and don't have a clue what I'm talking about. Ok Dan, keep smoking from that tinny and see me in 20 years, we'll see if your brain isn't completely destroyed by Alzheimers by then. ;)

Well, at least being home for 4 days gives me a chance to recharge my batteries. I can catch up on my Japanese, which is going pretty good for my 2nd week. ;) And of course, my studies are doing good as always. :cool:

Well, got a cook-out to do today so my day is gonna be pretty interesting.. I really do hope it doesn't rain today. (Yeah right :rolleyes:)

·
Just A Girl
8,841 Posts
Interesting insight MSO! I'd love for you to give me your thoughts on my co-workers! WOWSERS!

·
Doc
37,101 Posts
あなたのような音は新しい仕事を必要とする。

1 - 4 of 4 Posts