Modded Mustang Forums banner

81 - 93 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Well maybe I should check mine then... I have a fram on and lately every time I drive home from college, a 2 hour drive, when I get back I'm about a quart low... So that will be the first thing I check. Next is the valve cover gaskets.

·
hi you can call me mater
4,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
Well maybe I should check mine then... I have a fram on and lately every time I drive home from college, a 2 hour drive, when I get back I'm about a quart low... So that will be the first thing I check. Next is the valve cover gaskets.
Dude text me I lost your number

·
Made in U.S.A.
22,435 Posts
Do not buy Fram. Stop buying Fram. I don't know why people continue to buy this for our cars (and other Ford modular motors). They simply have no idea how to build a proper anti drainback valve and flat out blow.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Do not buy Fram. Stop buying Fram. I don't know why people continue to buy this for our cars (and other Ford modular motors). They simply have no idea how to build a proper anti drainback valve and flat out blow.
Ok I'll keep that in mind. My dad also get them for his f150 with the 4.6 mod motor. I've never had a problem with them but maybe I am now since I'm losing so much oil. Have to check it out soon then.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Overtightening? I tighten them with my hand all the way and then 1/8 turn more with filter wrench. Not over tight at all
no reason to use a wrench to tighten.

---------- Post added at 04:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:36 PM ----------

do a web search for puralator media failures.

---------- Post added at 04:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:40 PM ----------

do a web search for puralator filter media failures

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
Ive always used FRAM and never had an issue except a pinhole on one. But I think that was from a rock since there was a nice dent in it that wasnt there when I installed it.

·
FBGM
6,177 Posts
Whenever I do mine it depends on the car if I use a wrench. Mustang I hand tighten and then use a wrench to give it just a little turn to make sure. With my volvo you have to use a tool to get it on and off.

·
SlowFiveOh
2,370 Posts
Motorcraft or WIX for me. I used to put FRAM filters on my jeep cherokee until one day I changed the oil and put a new fram filter on it. Fired it up and the oil pressure gauge was pegged..Thinking maybe it was a coincidence the sender failed I bought a new one and installed it..didn't fix it. Went and got a WIX filter, slapped it on, oil pressure went back to normal.

81 - 93 of 93 Posts