Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok im posting for a freind we are currently in kuwait,,, he would like to know which parts he needs to make his 89 lx 2.3l make 500hp. we have read that we need to switch to forge parts an stuff, but we would like to know stuff like which heads are better to use. which type of piston tops,, example flat tops or dish, an what size cam. what type of spirings any info would be helpfull sorry if this aint posted in the right spot we only get 30mins at a time to be online an we know its going to cost $$$$. he has saved for this but any info will be helpfull:3gears:help

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i meant is their any body who has done this an have a list of the parts they used posted somewere like a step by step thing partforpartor close to it

·
Registered
368 Posts
i meant is their any body who has done this an have a list of the parts they used posted somewere like a step by step thing partforpartor close to it
Gimme about 4 weeks to 6 weeks and I'll give you a general idea. I just got done swapping in my 2.3T. We're adding the boost controller and fuel pump this weekend and are gonna crank it up. Shortly after I will take my car down and get it dyno'd and post the results on here so you can see what it took for me to get where i'm at and go from there.

·
Banned
1,082 Posts
stroker

·
Registered
8,781 Posts
i pulled 491hp with 5 grand into the engine, on 28psi, soon going 30 with new tune and nitrous, take a look at my garage to see what i have, some things arent listed

·
Banned
2,194 Posts
i pulled 491hp with 5 grand into the engine, on 28psi, soon going 30 with new tune and nitrous, take a look at my garage to see what i have, some things arent listed

you wouldnt know 491hp if it slapped you in the face :eek:

·
Banned
1,082 Posts
he knew 10" though*L*

·
Registered
8,781 Posts
you wouldnt know 491hp if it slapped you in the face :eek:
thats what you think, your car is like 250hp, thats prolly the most power youve will ever make

and lets not get on the subjesct about my other stang ;)

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
wow, i wonder how stupid the v8 owners get act to you 4bangers! 491 hp is freaking insane for a 4 banger! they annoy me and im in the middle!

·
Registered
516 Posts
491... got proof? I know you got alot of work in your Car Turbo but.. Would be nice to see a print out or something.

And V8 owners.. I wish I could join them. Haven't been comin across and 5.0L Mustangs that aint goin for insane price or beat to **** here locally. they all want either 11g+ for a foxbody.

·
Registered
8,781 Posts
i have a dyno print out at he shop, but the 2.3 is out. a valve stuck and the piston hit it and broke and ****ed everything up so out it came. im gonna buy a Esslinger or ford racing 2.5L block prolly amd go bigger. theres a bunch of guys on turboford who make crazy HP past 500 on these 2.3's

·
Banned
5,919 Posts
i doubt you'll get a print out.. been askin for months lol

and V8 **** talkers need to gtfo.. turbo, mod your section!

·
2008 Hammock Rodeo Champ
1,227 Posts
question:
then i call a bluff till I see it. How do I not know Turbo's lil hot rod isnt like mine :p
answer:

unless this is a pic of someone elses car. but assuming that it belongs to turbo, i'd say that this picture should be evidence enough. :D

·
Premium Member
33,198 Posts
question:

answer:

unless this is a pic of someone elses car. but assuming that it belongs to turbo, i'd say that this picture should be evidence enough. :D
that isn't turbo's car.. that car belongs to a guy named jason something i believe

1 - 20 of 28 Posts