Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2001 mustang gt with welded on flowmaster 40s. Im looking to gain more hp and a better sound. What ind of upgrades should I look into getting? Maybe a new mid pipe or catbacks?

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
mid pipe will give you more gains than anything else related to exhaust imo

·
Anandavenkatakrishnan
21,386 Posts
If you have money to spend, you could get longtube headers and then a catless midpipe. This will give you the most amount of power gains possible.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
What is a "better sound" to you mean? I just put on flow master 10's on my car and really like them. But i had the 40s on there for ever and love this louder sound. Paired with an o/r x and they are dumped.

·
Registered
11,185 Posts

·
Banned
10,319 Posts
For the money, you can't beat a Jegs O/R H pipe. Great fitment and stainless steel. Will really wake those flows up.

·
*VORTECH V3 INTERCOOLED*
218 Posts
Anything with cats is gonna be less impressive and more expensive. You can get mil eliminators or have your/a tuner cut off the codes for the off road mid pipe.

Long tube headers and an off road shorty mid pipe will be best for performance & sound.
Whether you choose X, H, or prochamber midpipe is your preference.

·
Anandavenkatakrishnan
21,386 Posts
What about a catted prochamber?
You have a stock midpipe right now so anything will be better in terms or sound, loudness, and power gains.

Do you plan on getting headers or just the midpipe? A catted prochamber will add some volume to your car but not a whole lot. It will also make the exhaust tone very deep, ecpecially with a chambered muffler like the flowmasters.

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
What is a "better sound" to you mean? I just put on flow master 10's on my car and really like them. But i had the 40s on there for ever and love this louder sound. Paired with an o/r x and they are dumped.
The tens are nasy sounding, got the cobra guys at the track asking if I did the 4v swap lol, I love the sound there is excessive cabin noise but its a head turned for sure,

I have BBk O/rH and its bolted on both sides and I still have the factory H with cats so When inspection comes, 8 bolts and swap back to the catted than backk to the O/R and your set, 10 welded in, What lts yall reccomend cause I just got a 3 yr inspection sticker? and im no longer worried about the cats thing lol. Looking at Mac or flowtech? Not trying to steal thread OP! figured it was relevant! thanks!

If yyou wanna hear it let me know and ill try and find a camera that can handle that lol

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
My plan is OR H with M80s.

·
Banned
10,319 Posts
The tens are nasy sounding, got the cobra guys at the track asking if I did the 4v swap lol, I love the sound there is excessive cabin noise but its a head turned for sure,

I have BBk O/rH and its bolted on both sides and I still have the factory H with cats so When inspection comes, 8 bolts and swap back to the catted than backk to the O/R and your set, 10 welded in, What lts yall reccomend cause I just got a 3 yr inspection sticker? and im no longer worried about the cats thing lol. Looking at Mac or flowtech? Not trying to steal thread OP! figured it was relevant! thanks!

If yyou wanna hear it let me know and ill try and find a camera that can handle that lol
Video por favor. I've been considering 10 series :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts