Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Buddy and I took the whole axle off his Mach 1 and took these vids to help anyone looking for good help for a complete Rear end Gear install. The vids all end up to be an hour or so long. I wish I would have had this for my Gear install!
He posted this on SVTperf. so here is the link.

Ford 8.8 Gear Install (VIDEO) 3.55s-> 4.10s - SVTPerformance

·
Baker Jr.
3,472 Posts
Awesome dude!!! What's that bearing race and bearing installer you got. Where you get it and how much does it run you. It come with all those sizes and the big black rod to put over it and hammer

·
Registered
347 Posts
Great videos guys! Definitely makes me consider doing my own gears a bit more

·
Registered
254 Posts
Awesome dude!!! What's that bearing race and bearing installer you got. Where you get it and how much does it run you. It come with all those sizes and the big black rod to put over it and hammer
The bearing and race driver set was a cheapo from harbor freight. I think it was about $20. Came with all the sizes except the black bar (which was just the handle from my floor jack).
As for the rest of the parts, I went with latemodel restoration. I didn't order it as the package they offer in the link below 'cause I wanted the Moser Axles. The kit they have put together is Yukon (nothing wrong with Yukon axles, just my personal preference). It was was roughly $1,100 with a 12% Christmas discount code. USA standard was the bearing kit. Remember the axle bearings and seals are sold separately from the master bearing install kit, which Should be included IMO. Latemodel carries Yukon axle bearings and seals. I'll try to get a parts order list up soon. Until then people can just look at this one http://www.latemodelrestoration.com...ine-Severe-Duty-Rear-Axle-Kit-5-Lug-410-Gears
or build your own like I did, using this as a guide.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts