Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Searched around the site and seems a few people have asked about them, but no responses. Anyone have one that they can comment about?

AM has a sale for the Mach 600(cheaper on another site but easier to read on theirs) and I'm debating it or the Spec 3+. I plan on going FI at the end of the year, but don't think it'll hit the 750 trq it's claiming it will hold(still not sure if that 750 is right on AM's site because on another site it says 650 along with what stage it is, url says 2, title and header says 4).

·
Registered
863 Posts
Searched around the site and seems a few people have asked about them, but no responses. Anyone have one that they can comment about?

AM has a sale for the Mach 600(cheaper on another site but easier to read on theirs) and I'm debating it or the Spec 3+. I plan on going FI at the end of the year, but don't think it'll hit the 750 trq it's claiming it will hold(still not sure if that 750 is right on AM's site because on another site it says 650 along with what stage it is, url says 2, title and header says 4).
My .02, they are both middle of the road clutches. How much are they?

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My .02, they are both middle of the road clutches. How much are they?
That's what I was somewhat thinking too. Both hold decent enough power till I build the motor(if I ever do) and if it does happen, I'd go twin disk and not even worry about either, but that'll be a ways down the road.

Spec 3+ w/ Slave cylinder/throwout bearing and pilot bearing = $625
Exedy Mach 600(includes throwout/slave and pilot bearings) = $498

On s197 a few people have had an issue with the spec's(didn't say which one they had and each one is different from the other), but one of the main things that stuck out to me was this: "Excessive pressure plate stiffness which leads to poor engagement and compatibility with the hydraulic slaves." Which makes me think Spec just designed them the same way they did with the non-hydraulic clutch cars(and they are awesome in them don't get me wrong) and didn't do too much testing. But since Exedy are the ones selling the throwout/slave then I'd have to assume they did testing with it on their own clutches more extensively than Spec.

·
Registered
338 Posts
I had an Exedy dual disc in my 03 evo 8.A bit of chattering on easy take off otherwise excellent as far as holding big power and trq.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had an Exedy dual disc in my 03 evo 8.A bit of chattering on easy take off otherwise excellent as far as holding big power and trq.
I was snooping around those forums earlier and they seem to be one of the most popular clutches.

Ordered it earlier today, so will put a review up about it once I get it on.

·
'Stang Noob
338 Posts
I was snooping around those forums earlier and they seem to be one of the most popular clutches.

Ordered it earlier today, so will put a review up about it once I get it on.
Yup they are very popular in the Evo world. I've meet a guy how was putting down big numbers in his Evo and he said it had no problem hold. However it did sound a bit loud for my ears. Had a lot of chatter.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts